Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I'm wondering what QT thinks about it. He wanted to see a Chris Nolan Battle of the Bulge movie. This is not that, but still a WWII movie.

The battle of the bulge was handled pretty damn well in Band of Brothers. Although a large scale film would also be neat. Weather conditions will prove difficult though, since that was an intense winter and we don't have those anymore.

Would also like to hear Quentin's thoughts about Dunkirk.

I wonder if the fact that New Beverly isn't showing it means anything (they did show Interstellar, IIRC).

Oku
What do you think it could mean?

That Quentin doesn't approve?

If it doesn't show up as a second run either, later this year, that's that, I guess.

Oku
Ah, that's the theater that Mr. Tarantino owns.

Hmm, I guess it could mean that.

Only one way to find out.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

thrice wrote:I'm wondering what QT thinks about it. He wanted to see a Chris Nolan Battle of the Bulge movie. This is not that, but still a WWII movie.
Considering QT is all about script and characters, I'm not sure how he'd like this.

Bacon wrote:
thrice wrote:I'm wondering what QT thinks about it. He wanted to see a Chris Nolan Battle of the Bulge movie. This is not that, but still a WWII movie.
Considering QT is all about script and characters, I'm not sure how he'd like this.
But... it's in glorious 70mm

Youtube celeb with 5 million Twitter followers tweeted:

Phil Lester‏ Verified account @AmazingPhil 27m 27 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/AmazingPhil/status/ ... 7291394048
Dunkirk in IMAX was incredible! Also I was worried Harry Styles might be distracting but he was great. 5 boats out of 5 [5 boat emojis here]