Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote: Stephanie Zacharek‏ @szacharek
For me it's the only Nolan film ;)
https://twitter.com/szacharek/status/885974611816570880

She's TIME's critic and has disliked most of Nolan's movies.
ok I can officially start to get hyped
lol why?

Unless you hate Nolans movies too, can't see why her opinion would matter to you.

Spert wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote: Stephanie Zacharek‏ @szacharek

ok I can officially start to get hyped
lol why?

Unless you hate Nolans movies too, can't see why her opinion would matter to you.
Because she's still one of the best critics out there, despite how often I disagree with her. Also, critics who usually like Nolan's movies would have probably still liked Dunkirk so the fact that someone like Stephanie Zacharek is also praising it means it has to truly be something.

Monday can't come soon enough.

IMDB Senior Editor

1/2 I'm not saying don't go see @dunkirkmovie if you can't get tickets in IMAX (a real @IMAX theater) just work like hell to see it there.

More
2/2: It is a complete aural, visual & emotional (well, stiff upper-lip emotional) film. It's all movie. 9.4/10

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Innovator wrote:This is a thread to post any and all tweets, interviews, etc. from celebrities or fellow actors and filmmakers who have something to say about DUNKIRK.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Active RT critics/publications so far:

Top Critics
Stephanie Zacharek‏ @szacharek

dunkirktrash wrote:Does a member of The Vamps count as a celebrity?
Added.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Because she's still one of the best critics out there, despite how often I disagree with her. Also, critics who usually like Nolan's movies would have probably still liked Dunkirk so the fact that someone like Stephanie Zacharek is also praising it means it has to truly be something.

Monday can't come soon enough.
But if someone told you they don't like steak, but this new food that just came out is really good, how much would you trust their opinion? :lol:
Just kidding, I'm excited by the reactions from non-Nolan fans too.

[/quote]

But if someone told you they don't like steak, but this new food that just came out is really good, how much would you trust their opinion? :lol:
Just kidding, I'm excited by the reactions from non-Nolan fans too.[/quote]

A better analogy would be considering the workings of a particular chef.
If you've loved all of the chef's previous dishes but food critics are the first
to try them before public release, you would be interested in the thoughts of
one of the most famous food critics in town.
If this critic had disliked all of the chef's previous dishes but loved his most
recent, this could leave you with one of two possible conclusions:

1) The dish is so fantastic that even critics who aren't fans of the chef's work
love it, meaning it must be something special.

2) The critic has such different taste to you, that this may be the first dish of
the chef that you actually don't enjoy.

It's more likely to be the first scenario with regards to Dunkirk haha.

Hahaha precisely. I'm hoping it's the former option as well. Also, I now want steak.

Ace
British Critic
@jameskingmovies
Wow. #DunkirkMovie. I think Christopher Nolan just reinvented the Summer blockbuster. Again.

Kristopher Tapley‏Verified account
@kristapley
Following
More
Dunkirk > Prestige > Memento > Inception > Batman Begins > Dark Knight > Interstellar > Insomnia > Following > Dark Knight Rises

GamingFreak wrote:Kristopher Tapley‏Verified account
@kristapley

Dunkirk > Prestige > Memento > Inception > Batman Begins > Dark Knight > Interstellar > Insomnia > Following > Dark Knight Rises
Damn...previously he was expecting it to be in the bottom half of the list before he saw the film.