Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
Ace wrote:Image
This is mostly true.
You love to hate

Allstar wrote:
This is mostly true.
Allstar, with love, you must understand the difference between something that is literally true and something that is figuratively true. This tweet is literally true but his tweet is flagrantly untrue in a figurative sense. Most of the tweets IMPLY the quality of the movie despite not outright stating it.

Likewise, stating "this is mostly true" is figuratively untrue while literally being accurate. You have to go DEEPER.

dicaprio meme

-Vader

I mean if you ignore the fact that multiple people have discussed some aspects of the film and what they liked about it, then sure that guy is correct.

Spert wrote:I mean if you ignore the fact that multiple people have discussed some aspects of the film and what they liked about it, then sure that guy is correct.

The implied quality is just a bit murky to me at the moment. I can't tell if people just think it is a great "experience" or if the movie also offers up something richer and deeper along with being an insane experience. I hope it is the latter.

It shall be whatever your vantage point allows you to see. However you perceive it, so it shall be. It will become whatever you wish. You are in control of your viewing experience.

Let's not forget these are initial reactions and not full reviews.

You can only say so much with a limited number of characters.

These people never seize to amaze me...

^

Yup.

Oku

Dunkirk reaction starts @ 29:07.

Best part:
[...]

A lot of people are like, are skeptical of the fact that it has a PG-13 rating. I, don't worry about it. Uh, it didn't, there was absolutely no need to make it rated R. Also Harry Styles is a really good actor and I, I, I'm sorry if I ever doubted him.

[...]
Edit:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic ... nt-3098926
I told you bastards this thing would blow people away with the unexpected timeline presentation. I've never seen anything like it, not even the Inception timelines that some are comparing it to because they have nothing else to compare it to.

Flat out brilliant and Nolan and his editor should be right in the mix for Best Director and Best Editing.

alejandro gonzález iñárritu wrote:Dunkirk is not Nolan's best effort.
Source