Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Here is the RT link that says July 14th. Certainly possible that it's a typo, but we'll see how it goes.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... war-movie/

"The full review embargo is currently up on July 14, so stay tuned for all reviews here at Rotten Tomatoes."

The fact that Spiderman: The Same Old Recycled Shit has a 93% on RT makes me have zero faith in reviews.

tommyjon400 wrote:The fact that Spiderman: The Same Old Recycled Shit has a 93% on RT makes me have zero faith in reviews.
RT percentage is just how many critics liked the movie

If you see most of the critics gave it a 6 or 7/10

It's not like they all thought it was great

Spert wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:The fact that Spiderman: The Same Old Recycled Shit has a 93% on RT makes me have zero faith in reviews.
RT percentage is just how many critics liked the movie

If you see most of the critics gave it a 6 or 7/10

It's not like they all thought it was great
Exactly.

Oku
The Special One wrote:No.
Spert wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
Spert wrote:Embargo moved up to July 14
So we shouldn't be worried that there will be overlap with buzz from War for the Planet of the Apes?
Review buzz for Apes was all the news of last week

The hype for a movie is usually over days before the actual release. By then, everyone knows if they're seeing the film or not
redfirebird2008 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
Spert wrote:Embargo moved up to July 14
So we shouldn't be worried that there will be overlap with buzz from War for the Planet of the Apes?
Wouldn't worry about it. Pretty sure Wonder Woman's embargo lifted around the time Pirates 5 was releasing.
All right, thanks everyone!

Also:

https://twitter.com/bexlewis361/status/ ... 2399588353
Rebecca Lewis ‏Verified account @bexlewis361

DUNKIRK: The suspense never lets up. Little dialogue and relies heavily on Zimmer's score and motif featuring a ticking watch but it works.
https://twitter.com/bexlewis361/status/ ... 2970988544
Rebecca Lewis ‏Verified account @bexlewis361

Also Harry Styles has nothing to worry about - he's got a film career ahead of him if he wants it. #Dunkirk

Valerian embargo is lifting today

Very weird because it doesn't look like that will get great reviews

In fact, that is a great title. They could give it to any superhero movie and just name it 'The Same Old Recycled Shit Part II, Part III etc'.

Oku
Spert wrote:Valerian embargo is lifting today

Very weird because it doesn't look like that will get great reviews
That has got to be a reactionary move to Dunkirk's social media embargo being lifted, right?

Am I reading into this too much, or does Mr. Besson seem to be taking this rivalry very personally?

okungnyo wrote:Am I reading into this too much, or does Mr. Besson seem to be taking this rivalry very personally?
Don't know. But what I do know is that his film is about to get destroyed at the box office lol