Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
GamingFreak wrote:TDKR was quite close to release if I remember correctly.
It was. Nolan has always been concerned about plot spoilers getting out there. At least with Twitter reactions, it is less likely that the critics will go into enough detail for major spoilers. If the reactions are very good, then it obviously helps create some more buzz for the film.

TDKR had a lot of hype going with it, so they could afford to leave the embargo in place almost close to release. With Dunkirk, that's obviously not the case and the reviews could play an important role in increasing the hype.

Curious to see how this place falls apart if the reactions are disappointing.

He mentions "social media embargo". Does this mean only social media reactions are allowed or actual reviews as well?

Does this mean they're confident that the reviews will be good

GamingFreak wrote:He mentions "social media embargo". Does this mean only social media reactions are allowed or actual reviews as well?
Just reactions. Too many reviews go into plot details and I think they want to keep that under wraps as long as possible. But hell, if the reactions tomorrow are strong enough...maybe WB will be able to convince Nolan to let them lift the full review embargo earlier as well.

ChristNolan wrote:Curious to see how this place falls apart if the reactions are disappointing.
Oh boy, i bet it'll be a shitstorm.

ChristNolan wrote:Curious to see how this place falls apart if the reactions are disappointing.
My heart sunk when reviews for interstellar came out.I wholeheartedly thought it was going to be the movie to win nolan the statue as well as be his best movie.I got a feeling Dunkirk will be special.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Steven Weintraub‏ @colliderfrosty
WB is lifting the social media embargo on 'Dunkirk' tomorrow morning at 10am pst. Will tweet some thoughts then.

mosh89 wrote:
My heart sunk when reviews for interstellar came out.I wholeheartedly thought it was going to be the movie to win nolan the statue as well as be his best movie.I got a feeling Dunkirk will be special.
I'm expecting reviews similar to Interstellar, but I'm more curious to see audience reaction. That's the biggest question of all.