TV Spots

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

In the first shot, you see that the plane gets ripped apart in two - and you can see the wooden planks inside the replica.

Not that I care lol

It's gonna be crystal clear in 15/70 :lol:
I got something else ruined for me by Law lol (not intentionally of course)
Don't read if you don't want it to be ruined for you too
In the aerial shots, the planes are supposedly flying really high up, If you pay attention to shots where the camera is pointing at Tom & Jack you'll notice that the water is much closer than the actual dogfight shots. I never noticed it before Law pointed it out in set photos thread.

Oku

Maybe the Moonstone portion of the prologue?

dormouse7 wrote:Maybe the Moonstone portion of the prologue?
Yeah. That's not really a scene.

Oku
Maybe 'clip' should have been the proper term.

Aaand I just realized that there is a clips thread.

Posting it there!

Technical question - how is the Moonstone portion of the prologue (the loading and embarking) not a scene? Assuming it is also in the film, it is a piece of the film, continuous in time, shot in one location, after which that location is done being used.

"In filmmaking and video production, a scene is generally thought of as the action in a single location and continuous time."

dormouse7 wrote:Technical question - how is the Moonstone portion of the prologue (the loading and embarking) not a scene? Assuming it is also in the film, it is a piece of the film, continuous in time, shot in one location, after which that location is done being used.

"In filmmaking and video production, a scene is generally thought of as the action in a single location and continuous time."
It's not long. It's just part of something happening as it crosscuts between events. I saw that clip. It was so much better in the prologue. This just looks badly edited, re-edited actually, and the music is way less intense than the prologue.

Yeah, it's an official clip that debuted on The One Show where Rylance and Lowden were guests tonight.

And so, batten down the hatches.

also yes - confirms the prologue is essentially a trailer-ized edit of the first act. I'm even more curious now. and this is my first listen to Zimmer's score and I have to say...interesting.

Not watching any more from this point tho - just under 48 hours aaaah