TV Spots

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
willaartwillem wrote:
stanley wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:WB what are you trying to do
I'm kinda assuming they don't want these released officially yet, not until the 2nd trailer. It's always been that way, I think.
I know. But I see no point in taking down links and not uploading official versions.

But yeah like you said, it's always been that way lol. Eitherway, the wait for the trailer continues!
Yeah I could see them releasing them just so people aren't looking at shitty quality versions. I'm trying hard to resist watching these. I usually avoid tv spots and only look at the first few trailers.

So no chance of people having recorded the spots on TV? lol

Finally saw all the tv spots. Intense.

Oku
Shady1 wrote:This is still working and showing all 5, but better be quick if you wanna see it https://twitter.com/BestDailyHarry/stat ... 2981324805

Styles fans are insane, but they do like to share everything even remotely related to Harry, so I guess there's that.
I really do wonder whether Mr. Styles' vocal online fanbase will translate to actual ticket sales enough to make a difference.

Is the fanbase a loud minority, or is it a loud majority?

Tune in on Monday, July 24!

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
okungnyo wrote:
Shady1 wrote:This is still working and showing all 5, but better be quick if you wanna see it https://twitter.com/BestDailyHarry/stat ... 2981324805

Styles fans are insane, but they do like to share everything even remotely related to Harry, so I guess there's that.
I really do wonder whether Mr. Styles' vocal online fanbase will translate to actual ticket sales enough to make a difference.

We are a very large majority lol I honestly would be interested in this movie without him but would probably go once or wait for Redbox. But, since he's in it I will see it at least 5 times and drag all of my friends with me every time, lol

:gonf:
Last edited by genloovers on April 4th, 2017, 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

okungnyo wrote: I really do wonder whether Mr. Styles' vocal online fanbase will translate to actual ticket sales enough to make a difference.

Yes. They will. Ask yourself this, how many songs of 1D's last album have you or any of your acquaintances heard? It sold 1 Million copies (US ONLY) in less than five months. This is with only about five weeks of promotion and being the fifth album in as many years (so with a very saturated fanbase).

Harry fans are already organising sponsorships to send his single to number one and it's not out yet. A sponsorship is when a person gifts the single to another person that can't buy it. Since iTunes only lets you gift to people from the same country, there's a blog called 1dsponsorships where you put down your Apple ID email and country and you get paired up with someone willing to buy you the copy. Usually sponsors buy dozens of copies, so the single gets sold several thousand times more than without this system.

Project No Control was when the fans decided to release a song that wasn't a single as a single. It got radio play across the globe (in HUGE radio stations in rush hour, such as BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw) without help from the label AT ALL. It ended up getting a Teens Choice Award (not that big of an award at all, but the song wasn't even a single) and it shot up in Billboard's charts for weeks. This same project was done with a song called Home with similar results. When Louis Tomlinson, Harry's bandmate, released his first solo project right after his mother died of cancer, the fans flocked together and launched it to number 1 in over thirty countries with ZERO promo.

TL;DR, expect Harry fans to sell out tickets globally and watch the film several times at the cinema. And no, don't worry, I can assure you they won't scream when he comes on screen, at most they'll pass out lmao.

PS: I've been getting requests for the TV spots file on my drive. I don't feel comfortable having it up any more, but I can send it individually to whoever wants it. Ask me via PM, please. I won't be up for much longer tonight, but I'll get to it first thing tomorrow.

Oku
Nik82 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:

We are a very large majority lol I honestly would be interested in this movie without him but would probably go once or wait for Redbox. But, since he's in it I will see it at least 5 times and drag all of my friends with me every time, lol
I hope that is the case.

I wonder because there have been times in history where a movie was hyped up greatly on the Internet, but when opening day came, nobody showed up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on ... a_coverage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on ... Box_office
dunkirktrash wrote:
okungnyo wrote: I really do wonder whether Mr. Styles' vocal online fanbase will translate to actual ticket sales enough to make a difference.

Yes. They will. Ask yourself this, how many songs of 1D's last album have you or any of your acquaintances heard? It sold 1 Million copies (US ONLY) in less than five months. This is with only about five weeks of promotion and being the fifth album in as many years (so with a very saturated fanbase).

Harry fans are already organising sponsorships to send his single to number one and it's not out yet. A sponsorship is when a person gifts the single to another person that can't buy it. Since iTunes only lets you gift to people from the same country, there's a blog called 1dsponsorships where you put down your Apple ID email and country and you get paired up with someone willing to buy you the copy. Usually sponsors buy dozens of copies, so the single gets sold several thousand times more than without this system.

Project No Control was when the fans decided to release a song that wasn't a single as a single. It got radio play across the globe (in HUGE radio stations in rush hour, such as BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw) without help from the label AT ALL. It ended up getting a Teens Choice Award (not that big of an award at all, but the song wasn't even a single) and it shot up in Billboard's charts for weeks. This same project was done with a song called Home with similar results. When Louis Tomlinson, Harry's bandmate, released his first solo project right after his mother died of cancer, the fans flocked together and launched it to number 1 in over thirty countries with ZERO promo.

TL;DR, expect Harry fans to sell out tickets globally and watch the film several times at the cinema. And no, don't worry, I can assure you they won't scream when he comes on screen, at most they'll pass out lmao.

PS: I've been getting requests for the TV spots file on my drive. I don't feel comfortable having it up any more, but I can send it individually to whoever wants it. Ask me via PM, please. I won't be up for much longer tonight, but I'll get to it first thing tomorrow.
Great write-up, but those examples are all still music.

I'm not denying that One Direction has a huge number of fans. It does.

What I am skeptical about is how many of those fans are Mr. Styles fans, and how many of Mr. Styles fans are such big fans that they will go out to a movie just to see him for a few minutes in it.

Because music vs. movie are very different things.

The obvious example here being Rihanna; she's a huge artist with a huge fanbase, but her starring in Battleship (2012) (her first theatrical role, if I may add, just like Mr. Styles in Dunkirk) didn't help its numbers, and it still bombed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleshi ... Box_office

ChristMAX wrote:PM me if you would like a link to the original, higher quality (only slightly) version of Spot #1 that redfirebird2008 uploaded. At least this way the link will last a bit longer (takes me back to the days of the prologue).
Sure send me the link! :gonf: