TV Spots

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote: Great write-up, but those examples are all still music.

I'm not denying that One Direction has a huge number of fans. It does.

What I am skeptical about is how many of those fans are Mr. Styles fans, and how many of Mr. Styles fans are such big fans that they will go out to a movie just to see him for a few minutes in it.

Because music vs. movie are very different things.

The obvious example here being Rihanna; she's a huge artist with a huge fanbase, but her starring in Battleship (2012) (her first theatrical role, if I may add, just like Mr. Styles in Dunkirk) didn't help its numbers, and it still bombed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleshi ... Box_office
I understand your scepticism, and to be honest, I can't give you a concrete answer because we've never had to promote a film. With merch, we broke the record of sold items at every venue. The last T-shirts that were released by 1D's official online shop sold out within half an hour.

Harry also did an interview with Another Man magazine (from the UK) and to this day it's still sold out. There are a few online spots to buy the magazine and all of them got sold out the day it went out (September/October last year). A few weeks ago, they announced they'd re-printed and had more numbers to sell. It sold out again. So, yeah, I don't have an example with a film, so I understand your scepticism (because it is fundamentally different), but I truly do think fans will flock to the cinema in masses. Fans sold out two stadium worldwide tours back-to-back. Where We Are in 2014 and On The Road Again in 2015. For a large majority of the tours, they had basically the same setlist (save for maybe three or four new songs) so lots of fans just went to see the same show twice in two different years.

As for 'how many fans are Mr Styles fans' well, a large majority lol. But even those who aren't. I'm not sure how to explain this to someone who isn't a fan of the band, but this isn't your normal boyband. These fans were instructed from the beginning that the four boys were real life best friends and the friendship and support they have for each other is one of the biggest appeals, so even if your favourite member isn't Harry, and it's, say, Niall, in general you'll still want to support Harry. You'll often see that fans that share information and comment about the film on twitter have handles for the other guys. I think an exception would be Zayn (who left the band in 2015) because Harry has shown visible animosity against him, so Zayn fans are not fans of Harry at all. But yeah, Harry's fanbase is certainly the largest out of all the members of the band.

I repeat what I said in the other message because I got several other requests for the TV spot on my email. I can't give it out from there because I don't have a way to contact the people requesting it (I just have your names). Please PM me if you want them! I also have the prologue, and I can give you a link to that as well. I'm about to go to the clinic, but I'll be back in a few hours I think. Thanks x

So from what I can understand, before yall Harry fans sell out all the tickets everywhere and forever, could you please think about your good pal Ruth and leave some for me? :cry:

I mean I'm on your side and everything.
tbh I'm still not sure where exactly I'll be seeing this because I may be travelling with a friend in July, so you people talking about sold out premieres leaves me just a tad bit anxious. :lol:

Where u traveling to Ruth?

Forum Pro
Law
Nomis wrote:Where u traveling to Ruth?
;)

Damn, I'm late to the party. Has anyone got a link to the tv spots that works? Pretty pleassseeeee :)

User of Interest wrote:
isi123 wrote:Damn, I'm late to the party. Has anyone got a link to the tv spots that works? Pretty pleassseeeee :)
Here is the first one (the sound is a little behind):
Thanks alot! Hopefully the others surface soon

isi123 wrote:
User of Interest wrote:
isi123 wrote:Damn, I'm late to the party. Has anyone got a link to the tv spots that works? Pretty pleassseeeee :)
Here is the first one (the sound is a little behind):
Thanks alot! Hopefully the others surface soon
I'm sure these spots and more will resurface by next weekend when the NBA playoffs start. :gonf:

I can't believe I just realized there were TV spots earlier this week! I read through this entire thread but every single link is now shut down. Can anyone pm me anything they might have regarding these TV spots, please.

The Special One wrote:I can't believe I just realized there were TV spots earlier this week! I read through this entire thread but every single link is now shut down. Can anyone pm me anything they might have regarding these TV spots, please.

If you have an Instagram and type Dunkirk into Tags there are still a lot up....you just gotta sift through all the Styles' posts lol