Tickets Release and Pre-Orders

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote: A website hired you just for the holidays? Curious, how does that work?

And press screenings the week of release?! Is normal in Spain, or should we be worried?
No. I've been working for the website for more than 3 years. I was not hired just for the holidays LOL.

WB usually does all the press screenings in advance but with WW they did it the week of the release (Monday and Tuesday) and it's gonna be the same thing for Dunkirk (WB sent an email to me confirming this info last week).

Everything comes very late in Spain. It's funny because they uploaded some spots into their YT account, but still we haven't received any press material such as the Spanish posters etc. They haven't released anything (oficially) just yet. I am quite surprised and worried tbh. No promo (posters, billboards etc). Maybe next week, but here everything is focused on Baby Driver and War for the Planet of the Apes atm. Again, we might start seeing something next week but the hype for Dunkirk in Spain is quite low (regardless from Harry Styles fans).

@okungnyo kinda obvious isn't it - theatres, especially the BFI IMAX would have been happy to schedule midnight shows if WBUK let them. All depends on first showtime that the studio allows. As for why didn't they, dunno. Sony for some odd reason first said yes to then backtracked on midnight shows for Spidey. TDKR midnights didn't happen in fear of spoiling US audiences due to timezomes. Interstellar dunno either, but theatres asked for earlier shows too

Finally bought my tickets to watch the film in 70mm in Leicester Sq on the 23rd.

So now I am watching it twice: on the 21st (BFI IMAX) and on the 23rd (Leicester Sq).

Waiting for the Spanish preview screening and for my work's rota to see if I can also watch it (again) in Leicester Sq on the 21st after my experience in BFI IMAX haha.

Current state of the first 7:15am show at the BFI...

...and of the 9pm show the same day.

Oku
missidcullen wrote:
okungnyo wrote: A website hired you just for the holidays? Curious, how does that work?

And press screenings the week of release?! Is normal in Spain, or should we be worried?
No. I've been working for the website for more than 3 years. I was not hired just for the holidays LOL.

WB usually does all the press screenings in advance but with WW they did it the week of the release (Monday and Tuesday) and it's gonna be the same thing for Dunkirk (WB sent an email to me confirming this info last week).

Everything comes very late in Spain. It's funny because they uploaded some spots into their YT account, but still we haven't received any press material such as the Spanish posters etc. They haven't released anything (oficially) just yet. I am quite surprised and worried tbh. No promo (posters, billboards etc). Maybe next week, but here everything is focused on Baby Driver and War for the Planet of the Apes atm. Again, we might start seeing something next week but the hype for Dunkirk in Spain is quite low (regardless from Harry Styles fans).
I don't understand, how have you been with the site for three years??

How do you do work for them when you're in London and not in Spain?
antovolk wrote:@okungnyo kinda obvious isn't it - theatres, especially the BFI IMAX would have been happy to schedule midnight shows if WBUK let them. All depends on first showtime that the studio allows. As for why didn't they, dunno. Sony for some odd reason first said yes to then backtracked on midnight shows for Spidey. TDKR midnights didn't happen in fear of spoiling US audiences due to timezomes. Interstellar dunno either, but theatres asked for earlier shows too
OK, thanks.
antovolk wrote:Current state of the first 7:15am show at the BFI...

...and of the 9pm show the same day.

What are you trying to say??

fo real

Oku
I know, right?? :judge:

:P

If the first show was midnight it'd be sold out by now tbh. or at least as much as the 9pm show on the 21st.

Stupid that WB didn't allow them but either way I'm there 7:15

Got my 70mm tickets!! :gonf: :gonf:

Copped tics for IMAX in Denmark, and im even more excited now!! :gonf: :gonf: