Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Cool, thankyou for sharing the video, now i know what i can see tonight :D .

Ace

Ace wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 11:29 am
As usual, Christopher is very eloquent and incredibly sincere. This interview was a lot of fun!

Great interviews - thanks for the videos.

---
I hope this means the cast will be at the BAFTAs

Aneurin Barnard
‏Verified account @aneurinBarnard
2h 2 hours ago

@TGlynnCarney Happy Birthday lad!
11 replies 138 retweets 379 likes

Tom Glynn-Carney‏Verified account @TGlynnCarney
Replying to @aneurinBarnard

Thank you bro. See you soon. X

It's been quite a few months since I've posted on the forums, but I created this montage of all the Best Picture Nominees. I heavily featured Dunkirk and hope everybody enjoys it!

Comment, Like, or Subscribe too!

:twothumbsup:

Nolan + PTA + Del Toro :D

Ace wrote:
I can listen to Nolan, PTA and del Toro talk, like, forever. I will always anticipate every future film of theirs and have tremendous love for their body of work. I really enjoyed listening to the sincerity of Greta’s words. She seemed a bit overwhelmed by the situation but I think she was thoughtfully spoken. While I may have not enjoyed Lady Bird as much as I wanted to, I am really excited for her success. Also, it was nice to hear Peele’s enthusiasm for cinema. I remember watching a ridiculous amount of Mad TV skits when I was initially learning English during my teenage years. I have an extreme fondness for Funkenstein Against Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde which was the first skit to introduce me to Peele. Its incredible to see his growth as an artist.

I 100% agree with Roger Durling’s statement, this is the best group of directors nominated for an Oscar together.

I can’t wait to watch the three hours long DGA video.

CoMeT wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 5:25 pm

It's been quite a few months since I've posted on the forums, but I created this montage of all the Best Picture Nominees. I heavily featured Dunkirk and hope everybody enjoys it!

Comment, Like, or Subscribe too!

:twothumbsup:
nice work :twothumbsup:

Ace wrote:
This was such a good watch, I always like seeing Nolan interacting with other filmmakers.

Sorry for double posting, but might as well throw this in here:

https://twitter.com/AwardsDaily/status/ ... 3249476608
Sasha Stone‏ @AwardsDaily
One movie I would definitely NOT count out for Best Picture is Dunkirk. It turns out that it's not divisive and places high on ballots, higher than you'd think. Hard to tell about Call Me By Your Name, whether its popularity is exclusive to internet.
https://twitter.com/AwardsDaily/status/ ... 0019025920
Sasha Stone‏ @AwardsDaily
I did a preliminary poll and I was surprised that it came in second - it ranked high - it was a 1, a 2 and a 4 etc. Clearly people really like it even if they don't choose it as their favorite. Also it's a reverse of the win from last year. As in big epic. We'll see.
Not that I think Dunkirk has any chance of winning at this point, but it's good to see that it might not be as divisive as some might think.

Also, it kind of sucks that Ava DuVernay really doesn't seem to like Nolan much.
Last edited by Master Virgo on February 9th, 2018, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posting

Ace
Also, it kind of sucks that Ava DuVernay really doesn't seem to like Nolan much.
What makes you say that?