Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Exactly. With Inception it was the sound that was copied. On Dunkirk, Zimmer seems to be protective of the way they worked which seems to be really complicated and not easily implemented. Nolan spilled the beans anyway.

Check the soundtrack thread. I posted a quote of what Nolan said about the method. It's taken from a Q&A which is available on Dunkirk's FYC page.

North Carolina Film Critics Association (NCFCA) Nominations:

https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/ ... ominations
BEST DIRECTOR
Sean Baker - The Florida Project
​Martin McDonagh - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Christopher Nolan - Dunkirk
Jordan Peele - Get Out
Steven Spielberg - The Post

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Roger Deakins - Blade Runner 2049
Hoyt Van Hoytema - Dunkirk
Dan Laustsen - The Shape of Water
Rachel Morrison - Mudbound
Alexis Zabe - The Florida Project

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
The Shape of Water
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
War for the Planet of the Apes

Nolan won Best Director at the Online Film Critics Society, making this his 8th win among critics circles.

I have to admit, feels nice to see him get some recognition.

I just really want that BD Oscar. The rest I don't mind. Give Nolan his long overdue Oscar and then go give the rest of them awards to your diverse politically correct rubbish. I don't care.£

Master Virgo wrote:I just really want that BD Oscar. The rest I don't mind. Give Nolan his long overdue Oscar and then go give the rest of them awards to your diverse politically correct rubbish. I don't care.£
Same for me. I don't really care about Dunkirk winning BP (I've resigned to the fact that it won't, given how political the Academy is) as much as I care about Nolan getting that BD.

Master Virgo wrote:I just really want that BD Oscar. The rest I don't mind. Give Nolan his long overdue Oscar and then go give the rest of them awards to your diverse politically correct rubbish. I don't care.£

Oku
I dunno, Best Director without Best Picture would feel sooo unsatisfying.

It's like, go big or go home, you know?

Bale Fan wrote:
Same for me. I don't really care about Dunkirk winning BP (I've resigned to the fact that it won't, given how political the Academy is) as much as I care about Nolan getting that BD.
I agree. As long as Nolan wins BD I don't care what wins BP...but it would be nice obviously.
Though looking at comments under articles about Get Out winning the Online Critics Award thing...it seems people are getting tired of all the critics circle-jerking Get Out.
Maybe there will be Get Out fatigue/backlash?

Nolan won't win (he's too white)
Dunkirk won't win (it's too white)

stanley wrote:Nolan won't win (he's too white)

You don't get any whiter than this guy.

Then again, his film wasn't white at all... plus ten years ago were different times.

Hmm, you may have a point.