Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Petition to lock this thread.

These predictions are laughable.

These aren't my "predictions" (except for Williams). They were my choices so far. I can't predict shit until the movies get released.

If neither Deakins nor van Hoytema win the Cinematography Oscar, I'm personally flying to LA to kick everybody's asses

Ruth wrote:If neither Deakins nor van Hoytema win the Cinematography Oscar, I'm personally flying to LA to kick everybody's asses
"Can I use mine one last time?"

MyCocaine wrote:Petition to lock this thread.

These predictions are laughable.
Yes, it is funny to read very uneducated Oscar predictions. Nolan legitimately is in the running for best Director nomination AND win this time, but Denis V. for Blade Runner? No. Possibly a nomination, but nowhere close to being a viable win...

Ruth wrote:If neither Deakins nor van Hoytema win the Cinematography Oscar, I'm personally flying to LA to kick everybody's asses
It will be between those two this year. Roger will probably win this year, heads up. Hoyte and Nolan will have many more opportunities in the coming years... :gonf:

Blade Runner's box office performance isn't great so far, and for a film like that it could damage its Oscar chances.

Janky Sam wrote:Blade Runner's box office performance isn't great so far, and for a film like that it could damage its Oscar chances.
What

NotoriousWolf wrote:Speaking of Denis Villenevue he has Inception #4 of his fav films.
His favorite films include:

“No Country For Old Men” (2007)
“There Will Be Blood” (2007)
“Children of Men” (2006)
“Inception” (2010)
“Amores Perros” (2001)
“Dogville” (2004)
“Under the Skin” (2014)
“A Prophet” (2010)
“Dogtooth” (2010)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indiewir ... 39901/amp/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/09/movi ... .html?_r=1
Not a bad list overall. But I've got to say, I thought Under the Skin was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But maybe I'm just not pretentious enough to "get it."