What if Dunkirk is disappointing?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
reciprocity is good for society

Oku
"I have him fixed."

"Go! Go go go!"

Pratham wrote:reciprocity is good for society
Guess so

Willem wrote:We would lose all hope and my grades would be going up :lol:
oh damn

sorry for digging up a comment this long ago but this was exactly what happened to me during the hype that led up to Interstellar :lol:

edit: just realized this post can be very easily misinterpreted. I didn't think Interstellar suck, it's just that all the discussing and info hunting during the hype had become an addiction for me. it distracted me pretty badly away from my studying at the time.

As excited as I may be for this movie, I'm also a little hesitant because I've never been a huge fan of war films, and I fear Nolan won't break the trend.

Hopefully the film is awesome though, and although I doubt the film will suck... I think there's a good chance it might not live up to my expectations.

People seem to be into"war movies" when it's fake and features smart apes or superheroes. If you, God forbid, portray a real event somehow people aren't into it.

Not a knock against you Penguin022, it's something I've noticed with some friends this week-end when we went to watch Wonderwoman. They loved (so did I) and they loved Apes trailer but somehow Dunkirk doesn't excite them that much. I'll still drag them to watch it though. :D

I put myself into that category too btw even though I've enjoyed many war movies.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:People seem to be into"war movies" when it's fake and features smart apes or superheroes. If you, God forbid, portray a real event somehow people aren't into it.

Not a knock against you Penguin022, it's something I've noticed with some friends this week-end when we went to watch Wonderwoman. They loved (so did I) and they loved Apes trailer but somehow Dunkirk doesn't excite them that much. I'll still drag them to watch it though. :D

I put myself into that category too btw even though I've enjoyed many war movies.
Trailers are always not so exciting from nolan but when you see the movie than it will drag you to watch it again.

Oku
Mahiya_Borden wrote:People seem to be into"war movies" when it's fake and features smart apes or superheroes. If you, God forbid, portray a real event somehow people aren't into it.

That's a great point.

People around me react similarly when I bring up Dunkirk; most of them say that they hate war movies and so automatically ruled out seeing Dunkirk.

But then I tell them that it's rated PG-13, it's about an evacuation, not a battle, etc. and they slowly come around.

I would probably cry and then cut off my penis

HorrorBiz wrote:Then we'll go watch Baby Driver and War for the Planet of the Apes again.
Spider-man homecoming needs some love too.