Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
User avatar
Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
If it's so obvious that he/she is a troll, that should be easy, right?

I'm not taking sides; I just think that this debate could be settled once and for all, if we had some definitive proof of his/her lying.
NOTHING he's said has been true. Please stop bringing him up. He's a troll. So stop.

Back in topic now.

The trailer news has been non-existent. I guess we now wait until next week. Damn this is torture!

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3392
Joined: May 2012
genloovers wrote:
If it's so obvious that he/she is a troll, that should be easy, right?

I'm not taking sides; I just think that this debate could be settled once and for all, if we had some definitive proof of his/her lying.
NOTHING he's said has been true. Please stop bringing him up. He's a troll. So stop.

Back in topic now.

The trailer news has been non-existent. I guess we now wait until next week. Damn this is torture!
Again, I'm not taking sides.

But "Please stop bringing him up. He's a troll. So stop." is not an argument.

If it's so obvious that he/she is a troll, then it should be trivially easy for you to provide some evidence demonstrating that.

If it's so obvious that he/she is a troll, then why is antovolk so convinced that he/she isn't?

User avatar
Posts: 2594
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
I tried finding some old tweets of him about Dunkirk, but he deleted all of the tweets that turned out to be horseshit.

User avatar
Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
ChristMAX wrote:*conspiracy theory*

what if McCrabb is actually
Nolan
and he's been 'trolling' us on purpose?
No. Crab is a 12 year old kid with mental issues who thinks it's fun to pretend he has inside info when it comes to Nolan's silly movies.

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3392
Joined: May 2012

User avatar
Posts: 1179
Joined: July 2013
antovolk wrote:
Innovator wrote:
antovolk wrote:Because everyone else apart from people on here does?

Unless you're seriously suggesting all the (LA-based) bloggers and film personalities, producers, DoPs and so on who are taking him seriously are complete dumbwits.
I gotta ask though, and this is one example: what do you think he meant when he said that he was working on 10 different versions of something that was going to be presented at CinemaCon?

Also, if he's supposed to be trustworthy and someone from the industry, shouldn't his twitter account be verified?
Probably a trailer, but they decided at last min to screen the existing prologue instead. Hence the 'sigh of relief' tweets. Stuff, particularly in regards to marketing, can change at the last minute just like that.

Well he has to decide himself if he wants to get it verified, it's not like Twitter does it themselves. Plus he's not a publicly credited figure that would benefit from verification, hell maybe Twitter won't verify him for that exact reason.

@Bacon, you're also discounting that people, you know, might have met him in person too? Let's not pretend that we're smarter than all the industry people that think he's legit, because if he was truly a fraud I'm pretty sure they'd have sussed it out a lot sooner.
Is that really supposed to be his job though? Is that what "producing documentation" means? But if stuff regarding marketing changes at last minute, why say anything at all? Why also say that Nolan's movie was supposed to be an original one that he sketched out as a teen when Emma said herself that she was the one who gave Nolan the idea. That doesn't just change at the last minute. It seems to me like he does it for attention (and yes, I understand the irony that we're giving him attention by talking about him) and exaggerates his involvement (that's assuming it exists) in Nolan's productions.

I continue to not believe him, but I guess understand why you do.
Last edited by Innovator on April 27th, 2017, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 2594
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
okungnyo wrote:
Willem wrote:I tried finding some old tweets of him about Dunkirk, but he deleted all of the tweets that turned out to be horseshit.
Does this help?: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/*/http ... crabb_will

(Crossing my fingers.)
I'm on my phone so it doesn't work

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3392
Joined: May 2012

User avatar
Posts: 9032
Joined: December 2011
Innovator wrote: Is that really supposed to be his job though? Is that what "producing documentation" means? But if stuff regarding marketing changes at last minute, why say anything at all? Why also say that Nolan's movie was supposed to be an original one that he sketched out as a teen when Emma said herself that she was the one who gave Nolan the idea. That doesn't just change at the last minute. It seems to me like he does it for attention (and yes, I understand the irony that we're giving him attention by talking about him) and exaggerates his involvement (that's assuming it exists) in Nolan's productions.

I continue to not believe him, but I guess understand why you do.
He did say he was a "Production Executive". https://twitter.com/mccrabb_will/status ... 2589327361

Based on what he's been saying on Twitter and his Facebook, Nolan had him supervise the trailers we've gotten so far - or at least the December one and the one we are about to get.

I'm not saying he doesn't exaggerate stuff, and honestly I think there are times that he does (like on the day the teaser dropped and stupidly complaining about the whole TV spot thing) but that doesn't discount whatever insight/involvement he does have - and more importantly, people trusting him.

Look at the - yes, even verified users - interacting with him on the regular.

User avatar
Posts: 19795
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
Can't we just have patience? If a trailer doesn't drop by June, then that would raise some eyebrows. But that's literally just over a month away. I guarantee we'll have a trailer within a month. How's that for confirmation?

Post Reply