Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
ehh early stages. I wonder if there's any chance of a super bowl spot.

I would've been surprised and worried if they didn't start the promoting. Usually half a year before the premiere is the point studios start unrolling their marketing campaigns. We should see more articles and interviews with the actors in February and March, to hype up the next trailer.

Sky007 wrote:ehh early stages. I wonder if there's any chance of a super bowl spot.
I was thinking about this too, but I have my doubts because all three summer released Nolan movies haven't done this. But maybe this marketing campaign is different.
I guess it would make some sense though because we'd get a short spot early february and a full trailer at the end of april.

willaartwillem wrote:
Sky007 wrote:ehh early stages. I wonder if there's any chance of a super bowl spot.
I was thinking about this too, but I have my doubts because all three summer released Nolan movies haven't done this. But maybe this marketing campaign is different.
I guess it would make some sense though because we'd get a short spot early february and a full trailer at the end of april.
I recall Batman Begins did it. That was a June release though.

Why would they spend millions and millions of dollars on a shot teaser to be shown during the Superbowl? They can release something alone just after it or something lol

Either way, trailer 3 with some big release in March, April or May? Seems fit given the July release

Some new images would be nice tho lol

Warner Bros. did not buy ad time this year. The Super Bowl doesn't seem like the right platform anyway.

i'm going to defer to Ant on this but i'm fairly certain WB doesn't do SuperBowl

Sky007 wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:
I recall Batman Begins did it. That was a June release though.
Batman Begins did but that's because Batman had a 8 year hiatus before that release and the last was Batman & Robin. Batman Begins had a rather aggressive marketing campaign and Nolan wasn't really known back then.

I highly doubt Dunkirk will have any different marketing strategy than Nolan's last few films. Nolan is pretty much in charge of things now and he hates to show too much. I doubt we'll see anything more till the next trailer in March.

Hope I'm wrong though.

genloovers wrote: I doubt we'll see anything more till the next trailer in March.
March? I still think it's going with Gaurdians Vol. 2 in April.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime