Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Darkline wrote:May seems too far away. After the mixed reactions to the second trailer, a better trailer sooner rather than later will help things.
There was no mixed reaction, most people liked the trailer.

It was only people on forums like here whose expectations were too high that were disappointed.

okungnyo wrote:
Darkline wrote:May seems too far away. After the mixed reactions to the second trailer, a better trailer sooner rather than later will help things.
There was no mixed reaction, most people liked the trailer.

It was only people on forums like here whose expectations were too high that were disappointed.
Gotta agree with this. After reading comments on the video on Youtube and on Reddit I feel like there are more people who liked the trailer than who had mixed/negative feelings about it. I've also seen several people who didn't like the trailer that are still pumped for the movie because they have faith in Nolan.

It's strange to realize the final trailer is only about 16 or so weeks away. Time sure does fly when you get old! lol

I'm definitely expecting this thing in May. The marketing for this is identical to his past big movies so it's a safe bet.

It's going to be with GOTG Vol. 2! Mark my words. ;)

Trailer #3 won't be the last one....

It will come out late april-early may, then Trailer #4 one month before release

Oku
MisterXDTV wrote:Trailer #3 won't be the last one....

Yes, there will be a fourth trailer for sure.

Inception had one, The Dark Knight Rises had one, and Interstellar had one.

But the third one (second, actually, if you don't count the teaser) will be the best.

I don't even know why, but with every single one of Mr. Nolan's movies, the third trailer is always the best.

The fourth trailers for those three films are way too fast-paced, and give away too much of the plot and too many of the money shots.

okungnyo wrote:
MisterXDTV wrote:Trailer #3 won't be the last one....

Yes, there will be a fourth trailer for sure.

Inception had one, The Dark Knight Rises had one, and Interstellar had one.

But the third one (second, actually, if you don't count the teaser) will be the best.

I don't even know why, but with every single one of Mr. Nolan's movies, the third trailer is always the best.

The fourth trailers for those three films are way too fast-paced, and give away too much of the plot and too many of the money shots.
I agree with you all the way, the official trailer #2 is always the best, I remember when I first saw the TDKR trailer in May, it goes in my list of all time best trailers, the pacing, the epicness was just mind-blowing, pretty much got the same feeling with the second trailer of Interstellar. Let's keep it together until May :twothumbsup:

So this trailer will be the main trailer right?

Yes, and as some have pointed out, Nolan's third trailers are almost always the best.

Seems like a good plan. After all, Trailer #2 was 7+ months out of the premiere date. Can't see any reason for that except to possibly whet the appetite a bit. But tbh, most people would lose interest for something that far away. So a better trailer closer to movie premier date makes sense.

[that being said, I really liked trailer #2 ]

So, can we (carefully) say that marketing is slowly beginning? ;)