Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Pknolan wrote:I saw WW today and they played the trailer.
Same. I missed half of it so I asked them if I could sit in the next screening just to watch it again. It was loud as fuck! Also seeing it on the huge IMAX screen was :shock:

I saw Transformers 5 in IMAX last Saturday and they played 4 short trailers for Dunkirk. It was kinda odd.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
Pknolan wrote:I saw WW today and they played the trailer.
Same. I missed half of it so I asked them if I could sit in the next screening just to watch it again. It was loud as fuck! Also seeing it on the huge IMAX screen was :shock:
WW is still playing at an IMAX near you?

Yeah. We got WW late (June 29). I was expecting them them to play more Dunkirk stuff, but they only played trailer #3 once at the very beginning. Right after the IMAX demo.

they finally released the split audio version of the trailer, so managed to finish my semi-official 5.1 version in 2.20:1
Used the ProRes and the IMAX YouTube uploads as basis, the fact that the additional image top and bottom of the frame are from a highly compressed YT upload isn't noticeable in action. For the audio - I had a foreign language 5.1 mix, so synced that to the video and replaced the centre channel with a mix of dialogue/effects from the official stems.
https://mega.nz/#!43oTUCDA!7srJGl-sNMn- ... -TaNprJ_tw
Last edited by antovolk on July 9th, 2017, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Must be cool to have access to all of these things. I envy you so much :D
Are the stems separated as dialogue, sound effects, and music? Or are the sound effects baked in with the music?

AhmadAli95 wrote:Must be cool to have access to all of these things. I envy you so much :D
Are the stems separated as dialogue, sound effects, and music? Or are the sound effects baked in with the music?
Usually yes, in this case SFX was baked in with the dialogue which made this really easy, just making sure it all syncs up

Oku
antovolk wrote:they finally released the split audio version of the trailer, so managed to finish my semi-official 5.1 version in 2.20:1
Used the ProRes and the IMAX YouTube uploads as basis, the fact that the additional image top and bottom of the frame are from a highly compressed YT upload isn't noticeable in action. For the audio - I had a foreign language 5.1 mix, so synced that to the video and replaced the centre channel with a mix of dialogue/effects from the official stems.
https://mega.nz/#!tyIg0baD!847UlxD5a8V4 ... hQZb5eeQ2Q
When and where did they release the split audio version??

Can you upload the music only Anton?

antovolk wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:Must be cool to have access to all of these things. I envy you so much :D
Usually yes, in this case SFX was baked in with the dialogue which made this really easy, just making sure it all syncs up
Cool. Thanks for the 5.1 mix, can't wait to test it on my sound system.
Willem wrote:Can you upload the music only Anton?
I was gonna ask him that but I felt it would be a bit much :D
There's really interesting stuff happening on the surround channels music wise. Too bad it's heavily side-chain compressed (for dialogue).