Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
You'll probably be applauded for doing so

Oku
HorrorBiz wrote:This person's friend seems like they would be fun to watch Dunkirk with.

https://twitter.com/ShxlleyftLuke/statu ... 0098579461
"Enclosed turrets weren't a thing until the end of the war"

From a cursory Google search: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_ ... urret.tiff

"Every gun in that row shouldn't be there"

Seriously?? You think the production team with historians on the staff would make such a basic mistake as not getting era-appropriate guns?

"Not even a British gun"

I'm sure in the chaotic retreat every British soldier made sure to only use British guns.

Oh, you found a French gun? Too bad, soldier, it's not a British gun, so throw it away.

"The only no. 4 lee Enfield I have seen yet, the standard issue rifle"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee%E2%80 ... ifle_No._4
Rifle, No. 4 Mk I was officially adopted in 1941.

Sounds like this person is just saying nonsense to impress his/her friends.

Ruth, Shady1, how could you resort to the "it's just a movie!" defense and ever doubt Mr. Nolan's dedication to historical authenticity!! :P
Reaveybeach wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Finally! In-theater recording of the 'recut' version of trailer #3:

https://twitter.com/urdeadimdead/status ... 9175966722

Thank you @urdeadimdead!
Oh my god, this chick was exclaiming every time Harry Styles was on screen. Really hope stuff like this doesn't happen when the movie comes out. I mean, I get being an excited, passionate fan, but seriously, stfu when you're in a theater with a bunch of people trying to watch something.
I shit you not I have zero fucks to give if someone were to do that in my screening and would just stand up and tell that person to shut the f*&% up.
I would be shaking with adrenaline and incapable of focusing on the movie if I did something like that. :lol:

@okungnyo

"all the world's a stage", my friend.

Oku
Shady1 wrote:@okungnyo

"all the world's a stage", my friend.
I'm sorry, I don't understand??

I saw someone on Twitter (an extra?) pointing out stuff like that before - in a still frame from the mole. Some helmets are not right and have emblems on them that were not yet used in 1940, and they said one rifle was plastic. Someone else told me the production had bulk vintage/used/costume WWII rifles, helmets etc. So there is some stuff in there that is not exactly 1940-correct.

There is also argument (from a Scottish historian) whether the A&SH uniform jackets are correct for Dunkirk. Those curved front jackets were generally only used prior to 1940 w/ kilts and sometimes later with dress/parade uniforms. But for skin protection from mustard gas, Scottish troops switched to gaitered trousers in 1940 and those were typically with longer jackets with a straight front.

As for parts of ships that are incorrect, that's to be expected since other ships are playing the original Dunkirk ships. Grossly anachronous pieces were removed but if some ship has a bulkhead where the original ship did not, that's ridiculous for someone to complain about that.

None of it bothers me at all but I imagine some sticklers will be pointing out things.

DYLAN HOANG @TheDylanHoang
immensely satisfying when the entire theatre was silent during the #dunkirk trailer and collectively exhaled that breath of relief after

As far as I can see it, there is no fade in or fade out in this trailer. So cool!

Is there a version of this trailer with 5.1 sound? Seeing as its been out for a while???

You mean still hoping there'll be a 4K version 8-)
there won't be :cry: