Posters and Official Images

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
on the day of my 4th viewing..
i purchased the tickets and was waiting in the box office itself for a friend when the manager (i guess) and an errand boy of the theatre came with few posters of upcoming releases and started replacing the old posters in the showcases...

they replaced the dunkirk poster with an annabelle-creation poster..

i asked the manager politely..
if he could give me the dunkirk poster if it was of no use to them ..
but he collected the old posters and went away without answering me anything :( :( :cry:

okungnyo wrote:
Bacon wrote:I (purely based off luck) have gotten three 11x17 posters of Nolan's past 3 films and I'm thinking of putting them all in one frame with each photo next to the tickets of the respective viewings.
How many tickets for each film?

I'll be disappointed if it's only one. :lol:
3 for TDKR
2 for Interstellar
2 for Dunkirk

666kalpa wrote:on the day of my 4th viewing..
i purchased the tickets and was waiting in the box office itself for a friend when the manager (i guess) and an errand boy of the theatre came with few posters of upcoming releases and started replacing the old posters in the showcases...

they replaced the dunkirk poster with an annabelle-creation poster..

i asked the manager politely..
if he could give me the dunkirk poster if it was of no use to them ..
but he collected the old posters and went away without answering me anything :( :( :cry:
I believe most posters and promotional materials for movies are sent back to the studio, which is probably why you got that kind of reaction from the manager.

okungnyo wrote:
Bacon wrote:I (purely based off luck) have gotten three 11x17 posters of Nolan's past 3 films and I'm thinking of putting them all in one frame with each photo next to the tickets of the respective viewings.
How many tickets for each film?

I'll be disappointed if it's only one. :lol:
missidcullen wrote:I love the poster.

I got the main poster in a horizontal format from my local cinema the other day. I asked for the IMAX ones tho.

I am going to keep insisting on that. I might not get any of them but as long as I get one, I am going to be the happiest girl in the world for the rest of my life (I remember insisting a lot too to get an Unbroken poster when it came out back in 2014).

And I feel your pain: they are massive!!!
Why Unbroken?
missidcullen wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:dumb question but you can get poster from a cinema? i've never tried that before. I want one for Dunkirk.
You can :).

You just have to be lucky tho.

Sometimes, they are very nice and give them away to you without hesitation. Then, there are times where you are constantly insisting and they refuse. They always give me the same lame excuse: we cannot give them away as we have to send them back to the studio.

That might be a lie as I've seen them throwing them all away afterwards. It also might be true as they have to do something with those standees and all that stuff. Maybe keeping them for future exhibitions?

Anyways, you lose nothing for asking. You might be surprised by their reaction :).
I don't understand, if they are always telling you that they cannot give the posters away, how did you get one?

Did you keep going back every day until they got tired and said, "Fine, take one..."?

Or did you by chance get a nice new employee instead of the old employee who grumbles "oh, there's that person, coming to ask us for a poster again"?

And what do you mean by, "as they have to do something with those standees and all that stuff. Maybe keeping them for future exhibitions?"?
Jesus Christ, you ask lots of questions, seriously :roll: .

I just come from seeing Dunkirk for the 5th time and got another poster. This time is Fionn's. Again, in a horizontal format. Gonna put it on my wall and I'll upload some pictures tomorrow :).

I hope I will be able to get some posters from the IMAX tho.

Oku
1. You didn't answer my first: :P Why Unbroken?

2. I am confused because you said the theater is sometimes agreeable and sometimes not, but then you go on to say that they are always giving the same excuse and refusing. So is this theater one and the same, or are you talking about multiple theaters?

3. Was this fifth showing regular (non-IMAX)? Do you watch all non-IMAX showings at this same theater?

4. Why not make all viewings of Dunkirk in IMAX? Is the IMAX theater far while this theater is close?

5. Please do. Photos of all of them!

wrong thread
Last edited by dormouse7 on August 11th, 2017, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

missidcullen wrote: I just come from seeing Dunkirk for the 5th time and got another poster. This time is Fionn's. Again, in a horizontal format. Gonna put it on my wall and I'll upload some pictures tomorrow :).

Damn, I can never get my local theater to give up anything. The response I got was that they couldn't sell it to me because that would be illegal (copyrighted material and all). As for just giving me the poster, well... they already have an employee who's a big Nolan fan lol.

Will they bring Dunkirk back during Oscars season? if you think they might, wouldn't they need the posters again?

Oku
dormouse7 wrote:Back to the filming a scene placed "east" of Dunkirk in the west...

French Wikipedia mentions that (here translated):
The beaches east of Dunkerque , on the French-Belgian border near De Panne , were deserted as of 31 May 1940 by British troops who had been informed that no more vessels would come to pick them up. Sector 313 . This is where Tommy ( Fionn Whitehead ), Alex ( Harry Styles ) and Gibson ( Aneurin Barnard ) run aground in the film after the destroyer destroys and Farrier ( Tom Hardy ) places his Spitfire at the end of the film . These two scenes are filmed on the embankment of Braek, west of Dunkerque , but the assembly situates them well to the east of the city, at the limit of the perimeter of defense, near the German lines.

Original French:
Les plages situées à l'est de Dunkerque, à la frontière franco-belge, près de La Panne, ont bien été désertées à compter du 31 mai 1940 par les troupes britanniques qui avaient été informées que plus aucun bateau ne viendrait les chercher dans ce secteur313. C'est l'endroit où Tommy (Fionn Whitehead), Alex (Harry Styles) et Gibson (Aneurin Barnard) s'échouent dans le film après le torpillage du destroyer et où Farrier (Tom Hardy) pose son Spitfire à la fin du film. Ces deux scènes sont filmées sur la digue du Braek, à l'ouest de Dunkerque, mais le montage les situent bien à l'est de la ville, à la limite du périmètre de défense, près des lignes allemandes.
Note - I noticed this when I watched the film the first time. I saw that lighthouse beyond the grounded trawler (to the "east" of it) but knew it looked like the lighthouse west of Dunkerque at Digue du Braek. I posted a postcard of it in this thread at the time.
Link to postcard?
Hustler wrote:
missidcullen wrote: I just come from seeing Dunkirk for the 5th time and got another poster. This time is Fionn's. Again, in a horizontal format. Gonna put it on my wall and I'll upload some pictures tomorrow :).

Damn, I can never get my local theater to give up anything. The response I got was that they couldn't sell it to me because that would be illegal (copyrighted material and all). As for just giving me the poster, well... they already have an employee who's a big Nolan fan lol.
LOL.

Maybe he/she browses Nolan Fans.

Where ya at, theater employee? Sharing is caring!

wrong thread
Last edited by dormouse7 on August 11th, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.