Posters and Official Images

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Is this official?

Axcris wrote:Is this official?
YEAH this looks to me more official poster. The colors on this poster is how the whole movie will look like.

DHOPW42 wrote:Jesus it's just a fucking poster... I really used to make a big deal about them but now I just couldn't care less. I mean I have no problem with it, and who the hell cares for posters, when it comes to the general audience anyway? Most of the time they either drive by them or walk by them in the cinema with popcorn and coke in hand. Transformers 5 has a hideous poster that came out about a week ago and trillions of people are still going to watch that piece of crap.
Good point.
I don't believe it is.

I sure hope not.
DHOPW42 wrote:Jesus it's just a fucking poster... I really used to make a big deal about them but now I just couldn't care less. I mean I have no problem with it, and who the hell cares for posters, when it comes to the general audience anyway? Most of the time they either drive by them or walk by them in the cinema with popcorn and coke in hand. Transformers 5 has a hideous poster that came out about a week ago and trillions of people are still going to watch that piece of crap.
Ofcourse it's just a fucking poster. But we can still whine about it, because pretty much everything artwork wise has been underwhelming.

And why the fuck are you namedropping Transformers. That is a big ass fucking franchise where the name Transformers alone will fill seats, Dunkirk as a name alone however won't. So having great looking posters and all kinds of other artwork would only help in their case.

No.

nice effort

It doesn't even say Syncopy. No.

And I like the Moonstone poster - the whole civilians headed into battle thing. It's a bit awkward with the boys fiddling with the sail cover or (whatever the heck they are doing) instead of looking towards the swimming soldiers they might plow into, but I like it.

In general though, I do think it's a bit odd that they are going with a brightly colored contemporary graphics style (almost game-y for the banners) for a vintage story.

Yikes! I was rooting for IMAX to come up with a more exciting poster. To compare to how bland this particular poster is, just go to the IMAX website and check their exclusive posters section.
They did an incredible job with trailers and TV spots, but artwork wise? it seems like they're in the wrong direction.

You can barely read the title of the movie in that poster :lol:

Please give us at least one other GOOD poster, like the first one. please