IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Shady1 wrote:
genloovers wrote:When the teaser came out and everyone made a huge deal of that extra, I wasn't really worried because I was sure Nolan would use another take. This prologue confirms he didn't have another take. WTF?!
It's not that strange, I don't know why people keep acting as though it is?? He's got to save money and time somewhere, it's part of his job. It was a group shot and that would typically lend itself to not having any one person standing out - in this case it didn't quite work that way - but even so, Nolan couldn't possibly have multiple takes with every scene - or they'd still be filming on the beach.
Tell that to David Fincher.

Dialogue please? lol

I've been a member for a long time and I think I deserve this Prologue!

HERE IS THE LINK AND INSTRUCTION HOW TO WATCH:

link won't open to those, who is not authorized as user of this social network, so there is only one way to look - register.

:!: :!: :!: If you don't believe the link, you can google my link and google will tell you that it's ok.

Registration process is fast.

Here you register:
www.vk.com

When you finished registration and logged in, open this link:
https://vk.com/videos373320722?z=video3 ... _456239059

Enjoy.

Sorry admin for my multiple posts, otherwise the post could get unnoticed and lost in the thread.

^Gaaah thanks so much! This is definitely much better than the trailer (which grew on me after multiple watches). I can't believe watching a 5 minute clip on a computer screen could give me that much tension. Just imagine the whole film in IMAX. :gonf:

I think with Interstellar Nolan changed the pacing of his action scenes. The Dark Knight, Inception, they have the most intense action sequences, but there came Interstellar and they introduced a new kind of action scene: slow pacing, tense music, no quick movements, just characters carefully planning their actions. The same exact thing is happening in the prologue, and it's something to get used to, but I love it. Each time I watch the prologue (and the trailer) I'm loving it more and more. I think Nolan is really trying to re-invent himself, and with the arrivel of Hoyte von Hoytema, they could think about new directions to go to.

God, I missed. Could someone give a new link, cause the last one is deleted.

I missed everything too. Damn timezones.

Just pointing out..
Dynamo here got it spot on ... //
1st post in this topic

Dynamo wrote:Hi all. Firstly, I understand that since this is a brand new account, I know this post will be met with skepticism. But as a huge Christopher Nolan fan :gonf: , I recently got a tidbit of info that got me excited, and that I wanted to share with you guys. I work in the film industry (that's as specific as I can be; I need to keep it vague to avoid getting in trouble with either of my employers), and I've recently learned that the next Dunkirk footage that we'll be seeing is likely in the form of a prologue (a la the TDK prologue attached to I Am Legend back in December '07, and the TDKR prologue attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in December '11). I don't have any more concrete info besides that (for now...), but a prologue is definitely in the works!

As far as content, I can only speculate, but if Nolan follows the same template that he did for his previous two prologues, it could be a full scene (5-6 minutes) followed by a sizzle reel of different clips at the end.

More speculation on my part, but as far as when and where it will be released, Nolan's going to want this screened in IMAX only, and the biggest ones possible, at that. Currently that means the 4K Laser IMAXes, in addition to whichever 70mm IMAXes are still around. We'll most likely be seeing this attached to Rogue One in December, which follows the same timeline as his previous prologues.

Also, we’ll still likely get a separate trailer #2 aside from the prologue, as was the case with TDK/TDKR.

Feel free to take this post with a grain of salt, but when the news is announced that we’ll be getting a prologue, you heard it here first ;)