IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Holy shit, great news.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Interesting tidbit from Slashfilm's article about the IMAX prologue:
Nolan’s Dunkirk will feature over 100 minutes of IMAX material, according to sources close to the production.
http://www.slashfilm.com/dunkirk-imax-preview/
For comparison, TDKR had 'only' 72 minutes of IMAX-shot footage.

Not surprised about the film having so much IMAX shot footage, I've only seen a 65mm camera once when they were shooting in Urk.

Great news that we're getting a prologue, hope some Laser screens will get it as well

Nomis wrote:Not surprised about the film having so much IMAX shot footage, I've only seen a 65mm camera once when they were shooting in Urk.

Great news that we're getting a prologue, hope some Laser screens will get it as well
Highly unlikely, but I do hope that it's not exclusive to 70mm IMAX. Simply because there seem to be none left!

I hope it gets posted online too. Would they do a 7-minute thing and only show it in IMAX theaters?

dormouse7 wrote:I hope it gets posted online too. Would they do a 7-minute thing and only show it in IMAX theaters?
Yep, don't expect it to be released online. The prologues for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were never posted online. EDIT: Officially, that is. We'll get some bootlegs, it's tradition!

Then I figure it really will only be attached to 70mm screens, but showing it in IMAX Laser or Ultra Laser screens as well would expand the audience they can reach with their spectacle

Hell yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Im seeing Rogue One in 70mm at Citywalk opening night.
Best thing is I had no idea the movie was showing in 70mm till an hour before I bought tickets.
Score!

Fuck.

Is a dome theater worth 15 dollars for Rogue One and a Dunkirk Prologue?

I hate the Netherlands right now for not having a 70mm IMAX.