IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
But it starts right in the action

Nomis wrote:But it starts right in the action
YOU'VE SAID TOO MUCH

Nomis wrote:But it starts right in the action
Spoilers much. :P

Not a spoiler. The Warner Brother press release says the same thing:
“Dunkirk” opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in.
http://www.warnerbros.com/studio/news/f ... er-dunkirk

Dynamo wrote:Hi all. Firstly, I understand that since this is a brand new account, I know this post will be met with skepticism. But as a huge Christopher Nolan fan :gonf: , I recently got a tidbit of info that got me excited, and that I wanted to share with you guys. I work in the film industry (that's as specific as I can be; I need to keep it vague to avoid getting in trouble with either of my employers), and I've recently learned that the next Dunkirk footage that we'll be seeing is likely in the form of a prologue (a la the TDK prologue attached to I Am Legend back in December '07, and the TDKR prologue attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in December '11). I don't have any more concrete info besides that (for now...), but a prologue is definitely in the works!

As far as content, I can only speculate, but if Nolan follows the same template that he did for his previous two prologues, it could be a full scene (5-6 minutes) followed by a sizzle reel of different clips at the end.

More speculation on my part, but as far as when and where it will be released, Nolan's going to want this screened in IMAX only, and the biggest ones possible, at that. Currently that means the 4K Laser IMAXes, in addition to whichever 70mm IMAXes are still around. We'll most likely be seeing this attached to Rogue One in December, which follows the same timeline as his previous prologues.

Also, we’ll still likely get a separate trailer #2 aside from the prologue, as was the case with TDK/TDKR.

Feel free to take this post with a grain of salt, but when the news is announced that we’ll be getting a prologue, you heard it here first ;)
If this turns out to be true, thank you for sharing it with us! Much appreciated.

Forum Pro
Law
Dynamo wrote:Hi all. Firstly, I understand that since this is a brand new account, I know this post will be met with skepticism. But as a huge Christopher Nolan fan :gonf: , I recently got a tidbit of info that got me excited, and that I wanted to share with you guys. I work in the film industry (that's as specific as I can be; I need to keep it vague to avoid getting in trouble with either of my employers), and I've recently learned that the next Dunkirk footage that we'll be seeing is likely in the form of a prologue (a la the TDK prologue attached to I Am Legend back in December '07, and the TDKR prologue attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in December '11). I don't have any more concrete info besides that (for now...), but a prologue is definitely in the works!

As far as content, I can only speculate, but if Nolan follows the same template that he did for his previous two prologues, it could be a full scene (5-6 minutes) followed by a sizzle reel of different clips at the end.

More speculation on my part, but as far as when and where it will be released, Nolan's going to want this screened in IMAX only, and the biggest ones possible, at that. Currently that means the 4K Laser IMAXes, in addition to whichever 70mm IMAXes are still around. We'll most likely be seeing this attached to Rogue One in December, which follows the same timeline as his previous prologues.

Also, we’ll still likely get a separate trailer #2 aside from the prologue, as was the case with TDK/TDKR.

Feel free to take this post with a grain of salt, but when the news is announced that we’ll be getting a prologue, you heard it here first ;)

Not sure if that prologue thing is legit or not, but no doubt there will also be a regular trailer to play on regular screens, just as there were with both TDK and TDKR.

So, only a prologue or a trailer along with it as well?

With TDKR there was a trailer as well, I hope that will also be the case with Dunkirk.

The Tweet just got deleted :lol: