IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I saw the prologue before Rogue One in IMAX a few hours ago and my anticipation for the film grew considerably. I loved the intensity. My friend was less impressed and found the music and buildup to be extremely annoying, but I didn't agree. I'm looking forward to the film much more than I thought I would (originally wasn't sold on the WWII idea, but it felt very Nolan in presentation...) Loved it. It looked beautiful in dual 4K laser IMAX. Bring on July...

I'm on my way to see Rogue One later today, fingers crossed that my distributor managed to translate the prologue.

Ok, big thanks to Law, ninja, Ruth and antovolk for the great team work. The prologue is indeed epic!

But please, do not post again links here on the forums. Share only through PMs. Thanks.

m4st4 wrote:Is Hardy one of the top listers on trailer credit card? I'm mobile and don't remember if there is one anyway lol.
There is no trailer credit screen.

The original press release listed them this way:
“Dunkirk” features a prestigious cast, including Tom Hardy (“The Revenant,” “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Inception”), Mark Rylance (“Bridge of Spies,” “Wolf Hall”), Kenneth Branagh (“My Week with Marilyn,” “Hamlet,” “Henry V”) and Cillian Murphy (“Inception,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy), as well as newcomer Fionn Whitehead. The ensemble cast also includes Aneurin Barnard, Harry Styles, James D’Arcy, Jack Lowden, Barry Keoghan and Tom Glynn-Carney
BUT, the first press release for the film, before casting said:
The cast will be headed by yet-to-be-cast unknowns. Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh and Tom Hardy are currently in talks to join the ensemble.
So as far as we know, none of the big-name actors is a lead. 19 year old Fionn Whitehead (seen prominently in the trailer and in the prologue) appears to be the lead.

That cutaway lol. I'm kinda baffled such a great important shot, why nolan didn't do at least another take or two? Must have been so frustrating for him to have to cut it in that manner. It works well enough, but my eye keeps drifting to that clown lol

genloovers wrote:That cutaway lol. I'm kinda baffled such a great important shot, why nolan didn't do at least another take or two? Must have been so frustrating for him to have to cut it in that manner. It works well enough, but my eye keeps drifting to that clown lol
Maybe that smirking extra was directed to do that. It sure caused a crap-ton of viral publicity for the teaser. Could it be that the plan all along was to switch the viewpoint at that part?

There were many takes of that scene according to #1 (first guy to look up). There were (I think) 10 numbered guys directed to look up at particular times. I think it was YFR3 who interviewed #1.

This is seriously the greatest thing I've ever witnessed. Couldn't even focus on Rogue One afterwards.
That ticking. The dogfight scene. That ending!!!!

Can someone pm me the prologue thanks

Hi, can someone PM me the prologue? Thank you. :gonf:

dormouse7 wrote:
genloovers wrote:That cutaway lol. I'm kinda baffled such a great important shot, why nolan didn't do at least another take or two? Must have been so frustrating for him to have to cut it in that manner. It works well enough, but my eye keeps drifting to that clown lol
Maybe that smirking extra was directed to do that. It sure caused a crap-ton of viral publicity for the teaser. Could it be that the plan all along was to switch the viewpoint at that part?

There were many takes of that scene according to #1 (first guy to look up). There were (I think) 10 numbered guys directed to look up at particular times. I think it was YFR3 who interviewed #1.
Umm... no. He wasn't directed to do that. Neither was the kid in the gymnasium at the end of teen wolf directed to pull down his pants and flash his wiener. Extras screw up all the time. Nolan loves to do 1-2 takes most of the time and people laud him for it. This is where that sometimes costs. Because even with that great cutaway, you still see the end part of that extra's awful performance.