IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The prologue was fantastic! I can't wait to hear Zimmer's score in full.

I loved how we the viewer were plopped down into the action. The entire five minutes was very tense.

ChristNolan wrote:i guess you could say
he crashed his plane
with no survivors?
omg stop pls

Been awhile since I posted, been lurking for awhile.

Would love somebody to PM a link to the bootleg.

-Thanks

Thank you Law and ninja! :twothumbsup:

Anyway, that prologue was intense.

I really hope Hardy doesn't die in the first ten minutes.

Didn't know Joel Edgerton was in this! :lol: :lol:

lhx_m__ wrote:
I really hope Hardy doesn't die in the first ten minutes.
Couldn't agree more.

I'm so happy at how this prologue feels!! If the whole movie is like this I think it will be one of his best

thanks for posting folks..that prologue blew me away..dunkirk looks gargantuan! :clap: :clap: :clap: :o :o :o

Dilter444 wrote: So that Buchon was the 5 million dollar plane?
No - I think Nolan leased the Buchon Spitfires, the Junker Ju of some kind (Stuka), the Belgian(?) plane he had for a while, and whatever else had except for one.

I think he probably bought the Yak-52 (a vintage Russian 2-seater) which they redecorated as a Spitfire. Also the back seat/cockpit was redecorated as a Spitfire seat and cockpit. When he filmed actors in the air, they bolted the IMAX (on a metal rig) right onto the wing of the plane, aimed into the second cockpit where the actor sat. The real pilot flew the plane. (They flew around like that - IT WAS CRAZY).

Some photos of it on the ground. There's at least one photo around of it in the air.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... &p=1041701

Other times, they bolted the IMAX INSIDE the cramped plane so the extended lens was looking over the shoulder of the real pilot.

I don't think they let you do that stuff when you lease a plane.
I must add, I doubt he crashed a real plane. He had over 50 huge RC planes, maybe 8-10 feet long, some as Spitfires and some as German planes. He also had a full size replica vintage plane and a catapult.
Last edited by dormouse7 on December 17th, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 6 times in total.