IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:How many viewings a day is considered healthy? :D
I was originally planning to see it Digital IMAX first then see at a crowded regular theater (the IMAX is usually empty, and I like to witness people's reactions). But I feel like I might enjoy the IMAX screening too much and go for another viewing in IMAX.
Probably 1 time. You'll probably get hearing damage seeing it over and over again. IMAX is really loud.
I'm going to see it in IMAX though I'm a little concerned about the film's volume levels. The prologue and Nolan's other films are really loud.
I was probably one of the first to see the teaser trailer for Dunkirk because I saw it in the first Suicide Squad advanced screening. Let me say that when the planes were approaching there, it was loud as hell.

I'm going to have to brace myself when I see the full damn thing in IMAX.

Finally managed to get Thursday off. I'll be seeing it at 8:30 in 70mm IMAX. Hyped.

dormouse7 wrote:No - I didn't not expect the t-shirt immediately. I expected Fandango might list the T-shirt among the "special VIP gifts" the showing promised, but the first 70mm IMAX showing (6:30PM Thursday July 20) listed the same VIP gift as the other 70mm showings - the Zimmer track.
Oh. Maybe they don't want to list the shirts because of the limited number, while everyone can get the Zimmer track.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:No - I didn't not expect the t-shirt immediately. I expected Fandango might list the T-shirt among the "special VIP gifts" the showing promised, but the first 70mm IMAX showing (6:30PM Thursday July 20) listed the same VIP gift as the other 70mm showings - the Zimmer track.
Oh. Maybe they don't want to list the shirts because of the limited number, while everyone can get the Zimmer track.
It's because it's not Fandango themselves, it's the theatres giving away the shirts.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I was probably one of the first to see the teaser trailer for Dunkirk because I saw it in the first Suicide Squad advanced screening. Let me say that when the planes were approaching there, it was loud as hell.

I'm going to have to brace myself when I see the full damn thing in IMAX.
If you're really concerned you could bring ear plugs, did that for Interstellar and it was still extremely loud and easy to hear.

probably because Fandango are responsible for distributing that Zimmer track to ticket buyers. The T shirts are on theatres...

Ahhh - I did not realize the Zimmer track was a Fandango gift.

Oku
ChristNolan wrote:Finally managed to get Thursday off. I'll be seeing it at 8:30 in 70mm IMAX. Hyped.
Did you donate your firstborn to your boss or something :lol:

I’m seeing it like a week later after its release but my first experience is in the all-mighty IMAX 70 mm. I’m totally hyped for it.

It's releasing on the 27th where I live. Already booked my ticket for the 29th. Super excited to watch it in IMAX! :D