IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Hey everyone.. I just want to know if anyone got tickets to the NYC Premiere @ Lincoln Square.. on the screening paper it says it's the premiere and I wondered if anyone has been to a premiere setting and what to expect and has anyone else got tickets to the NYC premiere on the 18th.. all it says is dress in business attire

Minst wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Minst wrote: Just bought my tickets!

I do have a few questions though :P hope you (or someone else) is able to answer:

- I take it this is in non-IMAX format (so lesser screen/audio quality?)
- Wasn't able to select my seats, this normal for Eye? At Pathe I'm always ablebto select my seats.
- are the seats all at the same height or just like at Pathe each row is a bit higher than the row before it?
- This better than IMAX at Pathe?
1: 70mm. There is no 70mmIMAX in The Netherlands. The only projection which is better is 70mm/IMAX.
2: Affirmative.
3. Affirmative.
4. Affirmative.
Regarding #3, affirmative as in seats are all at the same height or different heights like Pathe :P
Sound quality any good btw? I need that Zimmer track in my veins! Think I'll go see it in IMAX and then 70mm anyway.
Well normally seats are always a bit higher than the row in front of them, otherwise people can't see shit lol.
Sound quality is good. Not as loud as IMAX tho. Which is normally just very loud. Anyway, I'll see it in digi-IMAX first, then 70mm. Possibly 4K IMAX and/or regular theater too. But that remains to be seen.

Oku
:lol: just trying to imagine a movie theater with completely flat seating.

There are theatres with flat seating but the screen is higher up, not touching the ground.

great anecdote on why film > digital at 4 min mark

We know ;)

Whoops didnt check the last page!

fyi - In case anyone wants to go buy them at Fandango, I just refunded a very nice pair of seats at King of Prussia IMAX July 21, G18 & G19 7:50PM.

Originally my husband requested Friday the 21st rather than Thursday the 20th because of the show times and NOW he realized he has something else scheduled Friday night, so I switched to Thursday tickets (not quite as central seats grr).