IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The Taxman wrote:Great news for anyone trying to see this in the best way possible at King of Prussia!!!

Just checked fandango and there's now tickets on sale for Dunkirk: the IMAX 70mm Experience.

Booked my tickets for the 7:50 showing on July 21st. 8-) 8-) 8-)
THANK YOU! I booked my tickets for July 21st also!! (70mm IMAX)

I hope they actually got that projector working well.

Oku
Two exclamation points from Dormouse7/dormouse7!!

Glad to see it worked out for you guys at King of Prussia. :thumbup:

Oku
Did you get your tickets fine?

okungnyo wrote:Did you get your tickets fine?
Tomorrow. Laser IMAX on biggest screen in Texas at the Bullock Museum of Austin.

Oku
Didn't you say you were going to watch it several times in one trip?

So does that mean that you will book several showings in rapid succession?

okungnyo wrote:Didn't you say you were going to watch it several times in one trip?

So does that mean that you will book several showings in rapid succession?
Yes. Shouldn't be a big deal for a movie tracking to open at $40 million. Would be much tougher for a Batman movie tracking to open at $150+ million.

Oku
Good luck, Mr./Ms. Red Fire Bird 2008.

TeddyBlass wrote:After seeing INSTERSTELLAR in 15/70 at AMC Metreon IMAX in San Fran, I was ready for the Laser revolution. A bad projectionist and/or a mishandling of the print can really affect the experience. As an IMAX fan, I felt guilty for thinking that tho.

And after seeing the prologue in Laser this winter, I felt relieved. It's not quite the same, but overall it's consistent and great. 100% of Laser showings will probably beat a majority of 15/70 projections.

I'm excited to be seeing it in 4K Laser, I just wish i wasn't driving 3.5 hrs to do so.
I guess it's only me who have had problems with IMAX Digital projections. It has happened to me three times, three different movies, at three different theaters where the movie suddenly stopped, or kept skipping, or had glitches. Although they were not Lasers so perhaps that could be different.

Miles wrote:
The Taxman wrote:Great news for anyone trying to see this in the best way possible at King of Prussia!!!

Just checked fandango and there's now tickets on sale for Dunkirk: the IMAX 70mm Experience.

Booked my tickets for the 7:50 showing on July 21st. 8-) 8-) 8-)
But no shows on the 20th?? What the what??
Yea, no clue what that's all about. There are regular IMAX showings on the 20th, but the 70mm IMAX don't start until the 21st. This whole thing has been very bizarre and confusing overall, just glad I've got my tickets.

Also @dormouse: Glad it all worked out finally ! :gonf: