IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
AhmadAli95 wrote:@Geoffrey You're not being serious, are you? :D The nearest theater to me is a 2 hour drive (can be a lot longer depending on traffic) and I must say at the end of the day I'm absolutely exhausted. So I can't imagine driving 12 hours in one day.
No, I certainly would drive 12 hours. I'm driving 8 for Loews Lincoln Square when I could just go to Maryland Science Center. I wouldn't miss the one in a life time opportunity to watch what may be Nolan's best film in its intended aspect ratio. And driving can be fun. 12 hours would probably start to hurt the ass cheeks though.

Oh it definitely would :lol: Maybe driving is not my thing so I easily get tired of it or maybe that's because I usually go on roadtrips by myself.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Yup that post was directed at Geoffrey but you posted before I did so it seemed like it was directed at you lol.

But yeah I'd definitely do the same if a 1.43 laser/70mm was near me. Drive there, stay at a hotel, and plan multiple viewings.
Yeah, I don't do a lot of driving even though my car is a lot of fun to drive. This will be a good roadtrip and the hotel situation makes it a lot more laid back for me. No way in hell I would even think about doing 12 hours in one day. Added bonus with the hotel of getting to see the film a couple extra times in 1.43 IMAX.

Almost feel guilty reading this thread. I have an IMAX 70mm 40 minutes drive away from me but I'll probably avoid it and rather watch the movie in IMAX Laser because I don't want to get stuck in traffic.

I just ordered my tickets for the Airbus IMAX in Chantilly,VA. That's a six hour drive for me. This will be the third time I have saw a Nolan movie there, but a first for IMAX Laser.

Oku
What was it before Laser?

okungnyo wrote:What was it before Laser?
Airbus IMAX was 15 perf, 70mm.

Geoffrey wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:@Geoffrey You're not being serious, are you? :D The nearest theater to me is a 2 hour drive (can be a lot longer depending on traffic) and I must say at the end of the day I'm absolutely exhausted. So I can't imagine driving 12 hours in one day.
No, I certainly would drive 12 hours. I'm driving 8 for Loews Lincoln Square when I could just go to Maryland Science Center. I wouldn't miss the one in a life time opportunity to watch what may be Nolan's best film in its intended aspect ratio. And driving can be fun. 12 hours would probably start to hurt the ass cheeks though.
Wait, isn't the Maryland Science Center also IMAX 70mm?

Oku
redfirebird2008 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Wait, why aren't you making IMAX Laser your first viewing?
Because I live 6 hours away from it and I have a good size LieMAX only about 45 seconds from my apartment. Seeing it there on Thursday evening. Driving the 6 hours on Friday, hotel for 2 nights...3 Laser IMAX shows between Friday and Saturday.
I dunno, isn't the first viewing what you will remember the most?

I would definitely wait the extra day to make that Laser my first viewing.
redfirebird2008 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:What was it before Laser?
Airbus IMAX was 15 perf, 70mm.
Thanks.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Wait, isn't the Maryland Science Center also IMAX 70mm?
Yeah it's 70mm...but it's about 21 feet shorter than Lincoln Square. I don't blame Geoffrey for taking the "go big or go home" approach. :D