IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Tangerine wrote:
Miles wrote:
I used to live in Wilmington, now I live only 20 minutes away so the Riverfront Penn Cinema is my go to. It's liemax but the screen is decent ( I believe it's 75 x 48). It's just as good if not better than any other liemax I've been to (white marsh, river view in philly). One big plus for me, if you're into that sort of thing, is they serve beer :thumbup: only downside is it's not reserve seating. I bought my tickets today though for 7/20 at 7:00. If KoP gets it together I'll exchange my tickets. But if not Riverfront will work for now.
Thanks. Is there a list with screen sizes anywhere? I'm also considering trying to do Tropicana in AC - I saw the TDKR Prologue there and it's decent. Haven't had any takers willing to go to NYC with me if KOP doesn't work out.
Go to the below link and search by state/metro area. The LieMAX screens are more hit or miss; sometimes they do not have the screen size for LieMAX locations. They have screen sizes for every real giant IMAX. Height is listed first, then width.

http://www.lfexaminer.com/searchtheater.asp

saintlatino wrote:Back in 2014 I watched Interstellar (70mm IMAX) at the at Edwards Irvine Spectrum and LOVED IT!, I found out that the screen is 90' wide by 65' high. I want to purchase tickets for Dunkirk; however, I was wondering how does the Edwards Irvine Spectrum IMAX compare to the AMC Universal CityWalk IMAX and Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX?
Ontario Palace is the same size as Irvine Spectrum. Citywalk is about 10 feet shorter than those two.

antovolk wrote:just looked it up, Arnhem is not 1.43:1 but 1.90.

Brussels will be closest I think?
Is there a database for this?

Pioneerr wrote:

obvious enough from photos, no?

antovolk wrote:
Pioneerr wrote:

obvious enough from photos, no?
You can buy tickets for the IMAX in Brussels starting today. Just bought tix for the 2:15 PM and the 7:45 PM on July 19. I'm so ready!!!!

Is there any official info on how much of the movie is shot using IMAX cameras? I saw 75% in some articles but the Autonation IMAX theater in Ft. Lauderdale says over 100 minutes on their Facebook page. That's virtually the whole movie given the 107 minute run time.

GeniusNolan wrote:Is there any official info on how much of the movie is shot using IMAX cameras? I saw 75% in some articles but the Autonation IMAX theater in Ft. Lauderdale says over 100 minutes on their Facebook page. That's virtually the whole movie given the 107 minute run time.
The 70-75% reports are far more likely given the fact this turned out to be much shorter than anyone expected. The 100 minute reports were old rumors. The film's editor Lee Smith did a recent interview where he mentioned 70%.

At a bare minimum we know there is a scene with Rylance and Murphy on the small boat where it's extremely unlikely they could use a 1570 IMAX camera. Given the fact the movie is probably around 100 minutes without credits, the Rylance/Murphy scene on the small boat seems to kill that 100 minute IMAX rumor.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
The 70-75% reports are far more likely given the fact this turned out to be much shorter than anyone expected. The 100 minute reports were old rumors. The film's editor Lee Smith did a recent interview where he mentioned 70%.

At a bare minimum we know there is a scene with Rylance and Murphy on the small boat where it's extremely unlikely they could use a 1570 IMAX camera. Given the fact the movie is probably around 100 minutes without credits, the Rylance/Murphy scene on the small boat seems to kill that 100 minute IMAX rumor.
Makes sense. Thanks for the confirmation. Can't wait to watch this in IMAX Laser! Totally hyped up.

dormouse7 wrote:Oh F now I am scared. My cinema (King of Prussia IMAX) was the one having technical issues, was on the WB list, then changed to Coming Soon, then off the list, then Coming Soon.

Then, about 36 hours late, IMAX 70mm tickets went on sale and Taxman and I and perhaps Michael bought tickets.

NOW that cinema no longer has any IMAX Film showtimes on Fandango...
Oh for fuck's sake.

What does this mean for the tickets I bought then?

The Taxman wrote: Oh for fuck's sake.

What does this mean for the tickets I bought then?
I have 70mm IMAX tickets for K of P too. I bought backup non-IMAX tickets at Downingtown (closer to home) and I am hoping K of P gets their sh*t together. Ticked me off that even though Downingtown has some kind of supposed IMAX, that is not where they put Dunkirk.