IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Pratham wrote:
Nomis wrote:The fact that digital IMAX screens can pass for actual IMAX is just as much a pity as those digital 'IMAX' cameras smh
And almost all LieMAX screens are digital so really not that different than regular multiplex screens.
No. The LIEMAX screens are so much better than regular screens. Enhanced sound and picture. Of course the real IMAX is above all, there's no comparison.

Forum Pro
Here in Chicago, the Music Box just announced their annual 70mm Film Festival and also announced that they'll be carrying Dunkirk in 70mm starting on the 21st

I'm seriously considering going to London to see it in IMAX. Fuck the theaters in Norway.

When could one expect the ticket sale to start?

Since the IMAX tickets are to disappear in a second, I'm planning to travel to London's BFI IMAX to see the movie. But to do so I have to book the plane tickets in advance.
Does anyone have an idea of when the IMAX tickets start to be available to book in advance?

filipeG wrote:Since the IMAX tickets are to disappear in a second, I'm planning to travel to London's BFI IMAX to see the movie. But to do so I have to book the plane tickets in advance.
Does anyone have an idea of when the IMAX tickets start to be available to book in advance?
Probably in a month's time.

i hope they get a 15/70 print near Philly - i'm really not trying to drive all the way to D.C.

Michaelf2225 wrote:i hope they get a 15/70 print near Philly - i'm really not trying to drive all the way to D.C.
Ditto.

So... When will we know which theaters get the 70mm print?

Some FB review of the Pointe Orlando IMAX states the IMAX theater is even better now, but that's too vague for me to get excited about Laser. If any Florida peeps wanna help me in my quest for knowledge regarding this, that'd be awesome.

Navy Pier is closed for renovations (again) and I'm really nervous it won't be done in two months. The theater's new management is a clusterfuck of stupidity.

-Vader