DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Dec 5th is so far, why couldn’t they release in early November?

The enemy (Warner Bros.) had something to say about it.

WB is not the enemy. If you have a problem with the release date, you have a problem with Nolan :D
He has full control now. He decides when it gets released and it's clear that he doesn't want the home video release to affect the theatrical run of the movie negatively. Surprisingly, it is still playing in some theaters all over the world (not near me though).

Still going strong here, with 4 screenings every day. I can barely remember any movie going for so long.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
When a movie does well, they should wait closer to 5 months to release it on Blu-ray. Spider-Man: Homecoming is being released on Blu-ray this week and it's still playing at one of my local theaters. And Wonder Woman just left like a week ago despite being out on Blu-ray for a couple of weeks.

I was doing a play on this exchange from Dunkirk

Collins: Dunkirk's so far, why couldn't they load at Calais?

Radio Communication: The enemy had something to say about it.

Rleaseing it on BD late is increasing anticipation and interest, thus increasing demand. I don’t like it, but it’s smart. The good news is it’s playing at my local $2 theatre, I might have to see it there soon to quell my Dunkirk withdrawals.

lol looks like I'm gonna go see this in the dollar theatre since my suspicions were correct.

Uh oh, that must mean it's never releasing!