Trailer #2

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nomis wrote:Then again, Rogue One will probably be a bigger financial hit than Assassin's Creed.. Which, besides the same people seeing the film over an over again, also means a wider audience to begin with. It would be smart to attach the trailer to Rogue One.

However, we don't know what their plan for the trailer is. Could be same situation as with Inception, which had two teaser trailers imo and a big third one which showed a whole lot more (glad I didn't see that one before seeing the film). And depending on that, they could attach something to either Fantastic Beasts, Assassin's Creed or Rogue One.
Yes it will, but I think the target audience is still more important. When you have to market a hystory film, you should pick some similar film to attach the trailer to.

I tried to depict it using diagrams, so it can be seen more clear what I'm trying to say:

The overall audiene for Rogue One is bigger, but the part of the audience which can be interested in Dunkirk is bigger on Assassin's Creed, even though overall it has a smaller audience.

Imo, it's worth keeping in mind Nolan is the main draw for Dunkirk. The WW2 setting is not the forefront aspect that WB expects to help putting butts into seats, but Nolan himself.

And I personally don't think the majority people who will see AC, will go to see it for the history or are history fans to begin with anyway.

On the other hand, Star Wars's core fanbase are people who are highly interested in movies or at least people who are more well-informed about film than your average general movie goers. And Nolan's big in the film community. He definitely has more draw among the Star Wars audience compared to the audience of a video game movie whose predominant fans are gamers. Not to say gamers can't be well-informed movie fans, but I doubt 100% of gamers even watch lots of movies to know who Nolan is.

And like you said, Star Wars > AC in terms of popularity.

Then again I've been out of the loop of the gaming community for quite a long time so I'm probably the least qualified person to comment on it.

Just my 2 cents.

Do not overestimate Star Wars audience (not fan-base, but overall audience). The majority of it is just the ordinary people who are far from being cinephiles, who only buy tickets because it's Star Wars, a widely-recognized brand.

On the other hand, Assassin's Creed fans are people who are interested in history, because history was a key part in this franchise, and in the latest games it's the only decent part, I must say. Moreover, they are people who likes to explore the world around one specific hystorical event, because the games was centered around one big real hystorical event like French Revolution, Industrial Revolution or American Revolution. And Dunkirk is a movie about a hystoric event as well: Operation Dynamo, or Dunkirk's evacuation, and the chance that AC's audience will be more interested in this is much more high, than the chance to make sci-fi audience interested in a movie about some WWII event.

So my diagrams are pretty authentic.

Bale Fan wrote:Imo, it's worth keeping in mind Nolan is the main draw for Dunkirk. The WW2 setting is not the forefront aspect that WB expects to help putting butts into seats, but Nolan himself.

And I personally don't think the majority people who will see AC, will go to see it for the history or are history fans to begin with anyway.

On the other hand, Star Wars's core fanbase are people who are highly interested in movies or at least people who are more well-informed about film than your average general movie goers. And Nolan's big in the film community. He definitely has more draw among the Star Wars audience compared to the audience of a video game movie whose predominant fans are gamers. Not to say gamers can't be well-informed movie fans, but I doubt 100% of gamers even watch lots of movies to know who Nolan is.

And like you said, Star Wars > AC in terms of popularity.

Then again I've been out of the loop of the gaming community for quite a long time so I'm probably the least qualified person to comment on it.

Just my 2 cents.
Agreed 100%. AC will mainly appeal to the fans of those video games, while Star Wars has a much broader audience, which includes movie lovers in general. Nolan is a household name now, so it is much smarter to attach the second trailer to Rogue One.

Why isn't Doctor Strange considered? Is the beginning of November too early?

Sanchez wrote:Why isn't Doctor Strange considered? Is the beginning of November too early?
Yeah. Basically.

hey so when is this happening

With Rogue One, I suppose.

Which hopefully means concrete news in three weeks.

Not soon enough. Can't wait to see some actual actors and, hey, maybe even some plot.