Trailer #2

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Still can't believe I'm in the damn trailer.

Sanchez wrote:Watching that 4K version in VLC with my surround headset, the voices only appear in my left ear while the music and SFX sounds normal. Does anyone else have problems with the sound?
Think VLC has some bugs with LPCM surround tracks. Try any other players?

antovolk wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Watching that 4K version in VLC with my surround headset, the voices only appear in my left ear while the music and SFX sounds normal. Does anyone else have problems with the sound?
Think VLC has some bugs with LPCM surround tracks. Try any other players?
MPC-HC is a very good player, also supports bitstreaming of all audio codecs.

I'll try that. Thanks guys.

nightfury93 wrote:
User of Interest wrote:I don't understand the "meh" for this trailer (Dunkirk). I fucking love it. People say that it's meh and looks like other war movies...?

The fock? :eh:
I wouldn't think too much of it. It's sort of 'in' to bash Nolan now on the internet. <shrugs>
Normally I'd agree with you, since Nolan does get overly scrutunized compared to other modern directors. Orobably because of his commercial success - as soon as somebody becomes successful, it's no longer cool to like them - Spielberg went through the same thing at one point.

However, this is a NOLAN forum. I think anyone who expresses critcism of the trailer is giving their honest opinion. Especially some of the long-time users. I have never been dissapointed in any Nolan film, and I hope this movie will be better than the trailer. But it has really killed some of the hype I had for this film, which wasn't as big as previous Nolan films to begin with, since I'm not a big fan of the idea of a yet another WW2 movie (here in Poland we get a couple of WW2 movies a year so I really don't care about them anymore). I think it might have dropped out of my top 10 most anitcipated for next year.

There is a silver lining, though. If my expectations are lowered and the film does deliver something spectacular, maybe I'll enjoy it even more.

So cool to see this, I'm one of those running on the upper deck:

Forum Pro
Law
Nomis wrote:So cool to see this, I'm one of those running on the upper deck:
Which speck of man are you

+5 million views in 24 hours, good numbers! :thumbup:

btw That's one Harry scene that had to be pointed out to me. Harry Styles is the swimmer in the right front, closest to the camera. Another looks like it might be his A&SH buddy. A head in the water closer to the boat looks like Fionn's hair but no way to tell.

This trailer has already gotten nearly as many views on YouTube in 24 hours as the teaser has in the last 4 months.