Page 84 of 135

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 12:50 pm
by rbej
Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $82,706,220 44.7%
+ Foreign: $102,500,000 55.3%
= Worldwide: $185,206,220

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 12:51 pm
by nightfury93
Sanchez wrote:Guys, I know it sucks that such a shitty movie can make money, but come on. Neither kids nor their parents care about the rating or the quality, and it literally has no competition this weekend. Blame the studios, not the consumers.
Well maybe I'm too pretentious for my own good.... but if the only family movie coming out was "The Emoji Movie," I'd probably just keep my kids home and introduce them to some Japanese animated film.

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 12:54 pm
by Vader182
The only thing embarrassing thing in this thread is all of you complaining.


-Vader

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:02 pm
by Sanchez
nightfury93 wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Guys, I know it sucks that such a shitty movie can make money, but come on. Neither kids nor their parents care about the rating or the quality, and it literally has no competition this weekend. Blame the studios, not the consumers.
Well maybe I'm too pretentious for my own good.... but if the only family movie coming out was "The Emoji Movie," I'd probably just keep my kids home and introduce them to some Japanese animated film.
Then I'm pretty sure you're in the minority. There are plenty of parents in the world who doesn't give a damn about what their kids are interested in.

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:04 pm
by Eblios23
That overseas gross is great. It seems likely that the foreign numbers will reach $250-300M. As for the domestic take, it's looking to end anywhere from $170-190M. Any of these results would be fantastic, but anything over $350M is just icing on the cake, considering the low budget.

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:08 pm
by Dobson
Sanchez wrote:Guys, I know it sucks that such a shitty movie can make money, but come on. Neither kids nor their parents care about the rating or the quality, and it literally has no competition this weekend. Blame the studios, not the consumers.
If people go watch these crap movies and they make a lot of money, I can't really blame the studios. Audiences should care about quality.
Vader182 wrote:The only thing embarrassing thing in this thread is all of you complaining.


-Vader
Seriously, why?

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:21 pm
by Sanchez
Dobson wrote: If people go watch these crap movies and they make a lot of money, I can't really blame the studios. Audiences should care about quality.
The Emoji Movie is gonna need some huge fucking legs to make "a lot of money". It's still possible for animation studios that's not Pixar to make good, original stories, even if their general audience swallows everything that comes their way (both literally and figuratively.

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:27 pm
by Bacon
Pixar still makes Cars sequels. Nobody wants them, they don't get good reviews, but parents still take their kids to see them and so the studio milks the audience like cattle. I don't blame the studios for making profit. I blame the audiences for essentially sending the message to the studio that they'll eat up anything released.

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:30 pm
by dormouse7
Whichever way the domestic match ends, I fear the headlines will not be pretty.

Will it be Emoji Poops on Dunkirk or Dunkirk Steps on Poop?

Re: Box Office

Posted: July 29th, 2017, 1:37 pm
by Master Virgo
Bacon wrote:Pixar still makes Cars sequels. Nobody wants them, they don't get good reviews, but parents still take their kids to see them and so the studio milks the audience like cattle. I don't blame the studios for making profit. I blame the audiences for essentially sending the message to the studio that they'll eat up anything released.
Well Cars 3 flopped big time. So hopefully that was the end of that.£