Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bharadwaj wrote:Will Dunkirk surpass Interstallar final Gross of $675 Million?
No.

okungnyo wrote:
Bacon wrote:Your opinions are no longer valid in the slightest to me if you feel like Patrick Stewart's legacy is completely ruined by him being in a single bad film.
I never said "completely ruined", I said:

He knew what he was getting into and decided it was worth sacrificing his reputation and legacy for a quick buck.

And why did you cut off the second part of that post?:

Obviously it hasn't gotten to that, but there are plenty of actors who put their artistic integrity first and refuse to star in cash grabs no matter how much they are offered.
Master Virgo wrote:Emoji will ruin Sir Pat Stew's legacy just as much as Transformers and Clash of the Titans damaged Welles and Olivier's.

"You're only as good as your last film" :roll: All the nonsense that youngins utter these days.£
And one could argue that it did.

Not "completely ruined", as Bacon for some reason thinks I said, but damaged?

Absolutely, yes.

As I already said, there are plenty of actors who put their artistic integrity first and refuse to star in cash grabs no matter how much they are offered.

And that that's a common industry expression, it's not like I came up with it.
yes, because we remember Brando for all his late roles where he clearly didn’t give a shit

Only if chinese go crazy for the movie. No chance.

No. Best case scenario is around $500m. Most likely scenario is around $430m.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
No. Best case scenario is around $500m. Most likely scenario is around $430m.
Yeah, 400-500. 450 would be excellent.

-Vader

Expect Dunkirk actuals to come down. Read on box office forum a decrease by more than a million.

I believe it. Work at a theater and we were dead Sunday night. Lots of cool shows grabbing people's attention Sunday night like Game of Thrones and Rick and Mority

My Sunday night in 70mm IMAX was a strong crowd. Not quite sold out but close to it. Of course, that's 70mm IMAX for ya.

Not to mention that at least two tickets were purchased but those individuals were not there. I know because they were the two seats next to my group haha.

radewart wrote:Expect Dunkirk actuals to come down. Read on box office forum a decrease by more than a million.

I believe it. Work at a theater and we were dead Sunday night. Lots of cool shows grabbing people's attention Sunday night like Game of Thrones and Rick and Mority
Yeah, apparently Dunkirk and Emoji both overestimated by at least $1 million. Valerian probably headed for a crash as well. Studio estimated only 10% drop for that one compared to 20% for Emoji and 21% for Dunkirk. I tend to think Game of Thrones is having a bigger impact than people realize.

radewart wrote:Expect Dunkirk actuals to come down. Read on box office forum a decrease by more than a million.

Nonsense anecdote. Your one single theater does not suddenly invalidate weekend estimates for the box office. Maybe your theater was dead, that doesn't matter, because it's too low a sample size.

Dobson wrote:
No.
Yeah, that is a real shame. In the beginning l (somewhat naively) believed that it would. :cry:

But at least it will (probably) outgross 50 Shades Darker, which is always something.