Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

According to Deadline:

"Mexico grossed an estimated $444K on 1,146 screens, ranking second only behind Fox’s debut title War for the Planet of the Apes. The Imax results have tripled the market average. The total gross so far is $754K"

Here in Mexico can make $2M OW, the IMAX performance is great, i'm seeing it on wednesday in IMAX and PS are strong.

It will largely come down to how Emoji plays over the weekend as opening day audiences gave the film a "B" CinemaScore, though kids under the age of 18 gave it an "A-".
This is embarassing.

Emoji Movie picking up, fuuuuuck whoever payed for that poop.

Cannot let poop beat Dunkirk. Everybody go to Fandango and buy a couple of Dunkirk tickets!!!

I just lost all hope in humanity

What the actual fuck! AMERICA!

dormouse7 wrote:Cannot let poop beat Dunkirk. Everybody go to Fandango and buy a couple of Dunkirk tickets!!!
Well I'm sitting here in my banana country with my cheap-as-fuck ticket so dunno what else to do.

Dobson wrote:
It will largely come down to how Emoji plays over the weekend as opening day audiences gave the film a "B" CinemaScore, though kids under the age of 18 gave it an "A-".
This is embarassing.
As much as its the fault of Hollywood for churning out crap.... let's be real here.
The decline of cinema is largely due to audiences only spending money on stupid animated comedies, franchise films, or anything with the Disney label.

It would hurt to see Emoji Movie win... but it wouldn't surprise me.
Remember -- Pacific Rim (not a masterpiece but a fun piece of entertainment) finished third and flopped. Meanwhile Grown Ups 2 beat it.... :cry:

Guys, I know it sucks that such a shitty movie can make money, but come on. Neither kids nor their parents care about the rating or the quality, and it literally has no competition this weekend. Blame the studios, not the consumers.