Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Forum Pro
Geoffrey wrote:
December 24th, 2017, 11:36 pm
Pretty excellent result in beating Interestellar's domestic (though it didn't when adjusted for inflation), despite being entirely British, a relatively unknown subject in WW2, and having no large actors to sell it on.
It makes sense that Interstellar didn't do too well domestically when you remember that Paramount handled all domestic marketing.

All things considered, I'd say it did pretty well. If the big crowd pleaser The Martian benefiting from 3D ticket surcharge and with a big star as the lead and great reviews all around, grossed about 230m, then 190m is fairly reasonable for Interstellar.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 6:53 pm
All things considered, I'd say it did pretty well. If the big crowd pleaser The Martian benefiting from 3D ticket surcharge and with a big star as the lead and great reviews all around, grossed about 230m, then 190m is fairly reasonable for Interstellar.£
For my money, Interstellar and Dunkirk have both done crazy well, particularly when taking into account how experimental and strange they are.

-Vader