Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Domestic Tuesday was $2.75 million, down about 38.5% from last Tuesday. Needs a strong performance on Wednesday/Thursday to put it on track for a sub-35% weekend drop.

Two days and it already made 1.2 million more this week than Rogue Nation. I predicted 2 million more, just needs a similar behavior of last week to be achieved. If it does catch Rogue Nation in the next 3 weeks, the 195+ becomes extremely realistic (it seems like Rogue Nation basically disappeared after week 9. Imax will probably help a ton in the late run).

It's a bit bizarre why I am so invested in this particular run :lol:
redfirebird2008 wrote:Domestic Tuesday was $2.75 million, down about 38.5% from last Tuesday. Needs a strong performance on Wednesday/Thursday to put it on track for a sub-35% weekend drop.
Just looking through that comps boxoffice mojo you posted a few pages ago, it's clear films plummet week-week in Tuesday and then recover 4-10% (of weekly drops) the rest of week. Considering yesterday was probably inflated to a point that messed with tuesday's normal demand, that -38,5 looks kinda sexy.

Do you know the Imax number drops? Cause I imagine they are much smaller than the weekend general which will obvisouly help a ton in drop percentage as the total, in each weekend, goes down.

Lionheart wrote:
Do you know the Imax number drops? Cause I imagine they are much smaller than the weekend general which will obvisouly help a ton in drop percentage as the total, in each weekend, goes down.
In the reports I saw on Deadline and Mojo, IMAX share of total gross held pretty steady around 22-23% in both Weekends 2 and 3. One would think IMAX share would increase as the film is in release for a longer period of time, but the flip side is that this film is skewing to an old demographic. Old people don't give a crap about IMAX for the most part.

Oku
So Dunkirk could have been #1 again if WB hadn't cannibalized itself with Annabelle: Creation...

:facepalm:

But still, let's face it, Dunkirk is doing fantastic.

It really is

via @StylesMovieNews

Dunkirk has passed Despicable Me 3 & Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to become the UK's 2nd highest-grossing movie of 2017. #1 is Beauty & TB

dormouse7 wrote:via @StylesMovieNews

Dunkirk has passed Despicable Me 3 & Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to become the UK's 2nd highest-grossing movie of 2017. #1 is Beauty & TB
That's incredible.