Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
MyCocaine wrote:Dunkirk is guaranteed to make at least $475 million worldwide at this point.

A total of $508 million worldwide is my final prediction.
I really hope it passes the $500 million mark, that'd be fantastic

@StylesMovieNews

NEW: Dunkirk is the #1 movie in the UK for its 3rd weekend in a row, grossing an est. £4.7M. Total so far is £38.1M. Will hit £40M tomorrow.

Damnn

Oku
Aww, a 56% drop.

Still good, but I was hoping we'd see an amazingly small drop like last weekend's 17% drop.

Great WW numbers! 400M is locked which is all it needed to be considered a big success.
okungnyo wrote:Aww, a 56% drop.

Still good, but I was hoping we'd see an amazingly small drop like last weekend's 17% drop.
56%? More like 43%, I believe.

Oku

It's quite odd that from the look of things, when it's all said and done, this film will have a better domestic sum than Pirates, Transformers and Cars. Terrible terrible year for business no doubt.

Hopefully this film's success won't result into a sudden surge of lame blockbuster war films. Nolan is creating waves in mainstream cinema for some time, but Hollywood usually fucks them up pretty quickly.£

Master Virgo wrote:It's quite odd that from the look of things, when it's all said and done, this film will have a better domestic sum than Pirates, Transformers and Cars. Terrible terrible year for business no doubt.

Hopefully this film's success won't result into a sudden surge of lame blockbuster war films. Nolan is creating waves in mainstream cinema for some time, but Hollywood usually fucks them up pretty quickly.£
True.

This film has already exceeded it's budget. That's what matters.

Master Virgo wrote:It's quite odd that from the look of things, when it's all said and done, this film will have a better domestic sum than Pirates, Transformers and Cars. Terrible terrible year for business no doubt.

Hello everyone, I just signed up but have been a Nolanite since 2008 and followed this forum everyday in the last 2 months.
Glad to be a part of this community.

To Mr. Master Virgo, I've been enjoying your box office analysis immensely. I'm aware in a previous post, you predicted Dunkirk to wrap up with 430 - 470 mil worldwide, which I agree is a reasonable goal.
Nevertheless, do you think it has any chance to clear 500 mil? If so, how big such a chance?
It's been doing much stronger than expected in the UK and holding solidly in Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands and not so bad in France. I'm hoping it will be able to cross this milestone when it's all said and done.
And how much does China have to chip in to make it possible?