Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Proud of you, Chris!

Your opinions are no longer valid in the slightest to me if you feel like Patrick Stewart's legacy is completely ruined by him being in a single bad film.

Bacon wrote:Your opinions are no longer valid in the slightest to me if you feel like Patrick Stewart's legacy is completely ruined by him being in a single bad film.

Who the hell said that!?

This is a tremendous triumph for everyone involved. Truly a great win for cinema not to mention WB and our boy CNolan.
I can't wait to see what Nolan will do next. He can seriously do what ever the hell he wants.

NotoriousWolf wrote:
Bacon wrote:Your opinions are no longer valid in the slightest to me if you feel like Patrick Stewart's legacy is completely ruined by him being in a single bad film.

Who the hell said that!?
okungnyo wrote: He knew what he was getting into and decided it was worth sacrificing his reputation and legacy for a quick buck.

:|

And I'm not joking. The saying goes "You're only as good as your last movie", and there's only a finite amount of goodwill that goes around before the legacy of your past movies isn't enough to prop up your recent stinkers.

Emoji will ruin Sir Pat Stew's legacy just as much as Transformers and Clash of the Titans damaged Welles and Olivier's.

"You're only as good as your last film" :roll: All the nonsense that youngins utter these days.£

It obviously doesn't ruin his legacy, but it certainly tarnishes his reputation. It's like De Niro doing a bunch of shit comedies now, but to a lesser extent.
Last edited by Geoffrey on July 30th, 2017, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
Sanchez wrote:Proud of you, Chris!
Just had tea with him he said thanks

Oku
I never said "completely ruined", I said:

He knew what he was getting into and decided it was worth sacrificing his reputation and legacy for a quick buck.

And why did you cut off the second part of that post?:

Obviously it hasn't gotten to that, but there are plenty of actors who put their artistic integrity first and refuse to star in cash grabs no matter how much they are offered.
Master Virgo wrote:Emoji will ruin Sir Pat Stew's legacy just as much as Transformers and Clash of the Titans damaged Welles and Olivier's.

"You're only as good as your last film" :roll: All the nonsense that youngins utter these days.£
And one could argue that it did.

Not "completely ruined", as Bacon for some reason thinks I said, but damaged?

Absolutely, yes.

As I already said, there are plenty of actors who put their artistic integrity first and refuse to star in cash grabs no matter how much they are offered.

And that that's a common industry expression, it's not like I came up with it.

Will Dunkirk surpass Interstallar final Gross of $675 Million?