Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
sorryinadvance wrote:
Rough Translation:

A few days before filming, Harry Styles debuted in front of the camera for some fittings. Christopher Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas, the producer, are getting acclimated Dunkirk where they were welcomed by the local population.
Bloody hell, that's a nice bat symbol :batman:

Ace
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fionn Whitehead and Damien Bonnard on set

Dragon_316ca wrote:
Amazing set pictures! Who posted them?

Dragon_316ca wrote:

where did you get this pics?

I'm really not excited about this at all. Not sure how another WW2 movie is a good thing or even an entertaining thing. But Nolan doing IMAX is always worth it, even just for the viewing pleasure. Still not very excited; his last two were underwhelming at best. Hopefully a teaser of this may change expectations.

genloovers wrote:I'm really not excited about this at all. Not sure how another WW2 movie is a good thing or even an entertaining thing. But Nolan doing IMAX is always worth it, even just for the viewing pleasure. Still not very excited; his last two were underwhelming at best.
Of course you have every right to be sceptical, it's your opinion. But if you thought Interstellar was underwhelming, then I'm not sure what Dunkirk can offer you. So far Dunkirk seems like a film in the likes of Interstellar in the way that it's a straight-forward story with less twists and mindfucks than usual (this opinion might seem controversial regarding Interstellar - of course it's a sci-fi that plays with time dilation, reimagination of the concept of time and so forth, but to me the film always seemed much, much more simple in a structural sense than Nolan's previous entries, even compared to The Dark Knight for example).

The point is that in Interstellar certain events play out in a very simple way - they land on a planet, huge waves come, they escape. They land on another planet, they talk to a guy for hours, they walk around, they escape. Then they fly around in spaceships. Not much is happening in Interstellar compared to his previous films - it's a very simple film with simple scenes that play out on a very, very big canvas. I'm expecting the same of Dunkirk mainly because it's a historic event, so there's going to be even less twists and mindbending plotpoints, I'm sure. I'm also sure that Nolan will try to find some human stories and plots in the course of this war event, and he will try to create very Nolanesque storylines out of those realistic, historic moments and events, but he has much less to play with.

And I'm not saying this is a bad thing. This is only a bad thing if you didn't enjoy Interstellar for example, which for me, immediately after the first seeing, felt that it's a completely different direction for Nolan (several puns intended). And I have the feeling that Dunkirk will resemble Interstellar much more than any of his other films.