Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I can't believe how you're all fixated on it being R-rated... who in the love of everything that's holy cares?? It's a fucking Christopher Nolan movie, where have you been in the last 16 years?

DHOPW42 wrote:I can't believe how you're all fixated on it being R-rated... who in the love of everything that's holy cares?? It's a fucking Christopher Nolan movie, where have you been in the last 16 years?
I understand, but a WWII movie is something entirely different.

Yeah, because there should be blood spilled all over the beach so as to be rated R. :facepalm:

My mistake. In Nolan we trust.

DHOPW42 wrote:I can't believe how you're all fixated on it being R-rated... who in the love of everything that's holy cares?? It's a fucking Christopher Nolan movie, where have you been in the last 16 years?
So true, this whole argument is so stupid. I've seen blood and guts in PG-13 movies too - but even if it is PG-13, i think people still haven't realized this isn't actually a WAR MOVIE. It's a film about an evacuation. It's a rescue mission, it's about how that all came about - I don't even think there's going to be a lot of blood/guts needed, because this isn't not about battle scenes.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
holy sheet
Whoa.

if by the end this is not a PG-13 movie I will cry out of joy.

Shady1 wrote:
So true, this whole argument is so stupid. I've seen blood and guts in PG-13 movies too - but even if it is PG-13, i think people still haven't realized this isn't actually a WAR MOVIE. It's a film about an evacuation. It's a rescue mission, it's about how that all came about - I don't even think there's going to be a lot of blood/guts needed, because this isn't not about battle scenes.
Exactly. And, just to be clear, I'm not stupid, I know exactly why most of you think this has to be R-rated. I understand the reasoning behind that. It's just that you talk about this R-rated thing as if you've never seen a Nolan-film before, or don't know anything about his style and filmography. Even if there are battle scenes (which will definitely be there, judging by the set photos), blood and guts don't have to be there. This is not Saving Private Ryan, this is not about the horrors of war, I guess. My guess is that this is about the rescue mission, about how nations and people can unite in deadly danger to pull off something miraculous. And I'm pretty sure that a story like that doesn't need a single drop of blood in order to be credible and valuable.

I'm not saying that it's out of question that this will be R-rated, but you all insisting that it has to be, otherwise Nolan is a pussy, is quite missing the point.