Cillian Murphy As "Shivering Soldier"

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
darthnazgul wrote:Great news. I always thought his performance during the climax of Inception is overlooked.
Same! When he opens the safe, the expression on his face as he looks at the windmill, then back to his father....so good!

Also, I think I may have actually cheered when he showed up in TDKR.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Christopher Nolan is enlisting his longtime collaborator Cillian Murphy to join the ensemble cast of his action-adventure movie “Dunkirk” after working together on the Dark Knight trilogy and “Inception,” multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

Newcomer Fionn Whitehead will star alongside British actors Jack Lowden and Aneurin Barnard, as well as Harry Styles. Murphy is expected to play a supporting role alongside Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance and Kenneth Branagh.
http://www.thewrap.com/cillian-murphy-t ... exclusive/

I would love it if it turns out to be the sequel to Inception especially if Leo secretively joins the cast like Damon did. Something in the line of the whole war was a limbo of ex military or someone from the war.

SINCEPTION wrote:I would love it if it turns out to be the sequel to Inception especially if Leo secretively joins the cast like Damon did. Something in the line of the whole war was a limbo of ex military or someone from the war.
Yeah, after Nolan made a prequel to Inception called Interstellar, I don't mind to see a sequel as well.

I think Chris Nolan has to take credit for that whole reimagining of that franchise and reconnecting it to an audience. Again, I think there was a whole slough of comic book films that came out of that as well. For me, at that time, I’d been a big fan of his since Following and then of course he had Memento and Insomnia just prior to the Batman films. It’s a question of getting work because Chris had seen 28 Days Later, and that’s how I got the meeting with him. In fact, I did an awkward audition in the Batsuit. [Laughs.] I think he saw something interesting in that screen test somehow, though, because he said, “Hey, would you be interested in playing this other part?” Then we did a lot of work. [Laughs.]

His whole thing with that franchise was grounding it in some sort of reality, so that you could relate to these characters as human beings and so Gotham City was a relatable environment. So we spent a lot of time just working on that, and it was a very exciting time for me to be working on something like that, of course, but to also be working with such a gifted director. It began the start of a relationship, and now I’m just about to start working with him on Dunkirk. It’s worked out really nicely for me. He’s been very loyal to me over the years.
http://www.avclub.com/article/cillian-m ... ion-237770

Cillian Murphy is a class actor. Peaky Blinders is my shit!

Cillian in Weymouth

I keep getting happy when I think about how he's in this film. I hope his part's pretty sizable. I feel like he should've been Wes Bentley's character in Interstellar.

Also, here's a video of him talking about Styles. I wish they asked him about HIS experience on the film though lol. Just thought I'd put it here too.

Bacon wrote:I keep getting happy when I think about how he's in this film.
Nice to see someone that feels similar as me with this.

How much of Cillian's work have you've seen outside of his work with Nolan? He's one of my very favorite actors and I have seen the majority of his filmography.

I've seen TRON: Legacy lol.

My friend is a huge fan of his. He watches Peaky Blinders and loves it.