Fionn Whitehead joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Bacon wrote:It's time to stop.
I'm just curious...

What do you mean "all-time classic Cannes and Honest Trailers moments"?

And Tommy has a "resting bitch face"? Whaaat?? :shock:
Was responding to MyCocaine, whose username presumably refers to this Honest Trailer take on TDKR where they credit Michael Caine as "My Cocaine." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4. And his avatar is a shot of Mads Mikkelsen looking nonplussed at a speech Xaver Dolan made at Cannes that went a bit viral at the time.

RBF was meant as a compliment. :lol: I watched a few interviews with Fionn Whitehead and although it's pretty clear he's not his character, he seems to be pretty good at playing darker roles, maybe in small part to the intensity his face can take on in default settings. Or in popular lingo, a resting bitch face. I kind of have one too!

Oku

dunkirktrash wrote:Why is 'fuck' such an issue? I don't understand the big deal with swear words. They're just words, words that are scientifically proven to be satisfying to utter out loud. Anyway, Fionn says 'fuck', but I'm surprised he didn't remember it during the press junkets and the interviewer didn't notice either. They all kept saying that Harry said the only two fucks. Fuck fuck fuck. F word is such a silly term.
A couple years back I actually did a 50page uni project on the word fuck being used as an interjection in my language... But yeah I wonder if they just didnt wanna bring attention to the fact its censored in some places, as that might annoy people, so they just spun it to seem like only Styles said it. From what i've seen it doesnt seem like anyone is picking up on tommy saying it too, i have only seen it discussed on here.

----
While I did enjoy Fionn in Dunkirk I felt like... He didn't really do anything that I dont think a lot of others actors couldnt have done. The opening scenes are strong and the trawler scene is good too, but for me the lack of dialogue made it hard to really judge his acting that much. Honestly he just wasnt that memorable to me for most of the movie.
I did see a clip of him in the new series Queers though, where he really shows something completely different from Dunkirk and that he is a great actor. here's a little clip https://twitter.com/NextToYouFool/statu ... 4923487233

I wonder how he will manage the fame. On twitter and tumblr I have seen a lot of people using his name in their screen name, having a pic of fionn as avatar and also a bunch of fanfiction about him. They are mostly Harry fans too, it seems his fans got interested in fionn by all the shared interviews.

Also I dont know if this was ever posted here, but there's some gifs of Fionn and Barry having fun and chasing each other on set here https://finnleywhitehead.tumblr.com/pos ... nkirk-last

Oku
Fifty pages, wow...

And here's the source for that:

:lol:

Some fans were waiting outside of his theatre and gave him a plant for some reason, his face...

The video is even funnier

:lol:

The poor kid is not used to all of this :facepalm:

Dude, how else can you react when you get a fucking plant from a fan lololol this is priceless

I hope he keeps the plant, I would lol

He looked confused even before he got the plant lol! But I want to know, of all the things they could've got for him, why a plant? What was the plant? What's going on? :lol: