Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Sure it's a bit :roll:, but also funny since they declare themselves "a very impartial Harry Styles fan" (which would be a rarity, and I say that as a Harry Styles fan).

---
Large photo of Alex sleeping on the train
Another several GIFS of Alex (and some w/ Tommy and/or Gibson)
chewing jelly toast
escaping sinking destroyer
not picked up by rowboat
grabbing Gibson's dogtab
not sure where
Last edited by dormouse7 on August 2nd, 2017, 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

That's when
him and Fionn escape the boat after Gibson pries the door open.

Thanks. My 85 yr old inlaws just saw Dunkirk. Apparently the mother-in-law was totally confused by it, father-in-law was confused by the timelines even though I tried to pre-explain them to him, and neither could pick out Harry.

Well shit. I'm going to see this with my family and grandparents next week and I'm scared they will be confused by the timelines. Guess that's certainly a possibility then...

Willem - how I tried to explain it to my inlaws...

There are 3 timelines and that can be confusing.

LAND - 1 week (follows the ground soldiers, including in water/boats, but not in the Moonstone)
SEA - 1 day - the viewpoint of the Moonstone
AIR - 1 hour - viewpoint of the allied Spitfire pilots

All three timelines are spread across the length of the film.

SEA and AIR actually take place on the next-to-last day so what they see is often in the future for LAND.

Near the end of the evacuation, the timelines converge.

---

What my father-in-law actually read: There are 3 timelines and that can be confusing.

Here's a question I saw...

Assuming Dunkirk finishes #1 for the week, will Harry Styles be the first artist to have a #1 debut solo album and a #1 debut film?

Not even sure how that could be answered since I am unfamiliar with singer/actors from other countries.

But let's say just for #1 in US and #1 in UK... ??

Elvis did not accomplish this. His first album was #1 but his first film (Love me Tender) ended up #2 at the box office for the first week (John Wayne's posthumous Giant was #1).

Justin Timberlake did not do it. His first album peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200. And his first film was never released to US cinemas.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
dormouse7 wrote:Here's a question I saw...

Assuming Dunkirk finishes #1 for the week, will Harry Styles be the first artist to have a #1 debut solo album and a #1 debut film?

Not even sure how that could be answered since I am unfamiliar with singer/actors from other countries.

Elvis did not accomplish this. His first album was #1 but his first film (Love me Tender) ended up #2 at the box office for the first week (John Wayne's posthumous Giant was #1).

Justin Timberlake did not do it. His first album peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200. And his first film was never released to US cinemas.
I can't find a definite answer for this but that would be huge!

I think Beyonce did it. Not sure if I'm right, but this is really interesting list: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/cha ... debuts.htm

Oku

What do you mean "finishes #1 for the week"?

In the box office realm, the first weekend is what counts, not the entire week.

And don't you mean Mr. Dean and not Mr. Wayne?

Finally, why the Billboard 200 and not the thousand other music 'charts' out there?

I ask because I'm unfamiliar. Why does the Billboard 200 hold more importance?
Eleni wrote:

I think Beyonce did it. Not sure if I'm right, but this is really interesting list: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/cha ... debuts.htm
Nice find, now let's wait for Dormouse7/dormouse7 to go through it. :)

Thanks for the explanation Dormouse. I was already planning to explain the timelines beforehand, will definitely try to do so.