Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Ruth wrote:^Sorry, can't English very well today. I sat in the wrong seat because the theater was already very dimly lit and the seats weren't numbered in the most visible fashion. The girl probably heard me talking about it and told me to come closer, which I thought was nice of her lol.

Darkline, jesus that is moronic. His scenes were a blast to watch.
Like, there was an empty seat next to her? But how did she know it wasn't taken?

Don't know if this has been posted in Harry's thread - article mainly about @StylesMovieNews

Harry Styles Gives 'Dunkirk' More Than It Bargained For
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ed-1022380
----
okungnyo wrote:I seriously cannot believe that he is a pop star to boot.

I never would have believed it had I not known going in.
He's more of a rock star now. And before. 1D was described in 2013 or 2014 as being more like a gang of feral cats prowling the stage (vs a boy band) and Styles was definitely the rock star persona of the group.

I'll dm you a couple of videos.

Harry is a lot of people rolled into one. He's a rockstar (check Kiwi performance at the Late Late Show or Ultralight Beam performance at The Garage), an entertainer ('King of entertaining the crowd' are good videos to gauge this and 'Best of Harry OTRA moments' as well) a fashionista and sort of hipster. And he does all that while being nice to a fault, humble and super silly and childish, but also responsible and with certain attitudes of a very, very old man? A walking contradiction, he is.

Very true.

They talk about Dunkirk the first half of this video:

I don't know the source but cute pic of Harry in costume w/ two girls

Bacon wrote:His role was pretty
insignificant
for the most part, but he did a good job with what he had.
This is simply not true. His role was just as essential as most of the ensemble.

funny quote from an interview:
Harry Styles: My first day on set was maybe the worst weather we had so I very much felt like ‘what have I got myself in for?’. But it was great, it was good fun. I think it was very rewarding at the end of the day to get in bed… with each other [laughs]. And just bond that way.
From a good interview with the young actors and Cillian:
http://www.thejournal.ie/cillian-murphy ... 2-Jul2017/

---

A roundup of good review comments about Harry's acting:
http://mashable.com/2017/07/17/dunkirk- ... tQ2zuE_Pqw

---

not sure what interview/article this is from:

"we shall see..." so in Styles-speak, that means he's already got a new role, signed on the dotted line, and is now waiting for the production to begin.

he is the most cagey person I've ever seen, and I admire him for it :thumbup:

... or he really isn't thinking about it yet, but doesn't want to fight about. Several interviewers, including the outdoor stage interviewer at the world premiere, didn't want "one and done" or "don't know" as an answer. Or maybe he didn't want to raise hopes of the possibility of more acting until he got some good feedback on his acting from film reviewers.

Note - he does have a 3-month break in his tour schedule between early Dec 2017 and Early March 2018.