Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Cilogy wrote:My friend who works in the press circuit in the UK said Harry had to do some pretty degrading things to get the role.

Pretty surprising if true, consider how demanding Mr. Nolan can be! Sad!
Lmao

From early reactions Harry Styles made a good performance.
I didn't expect a Heath Ledger performance but that's a good thing to know

ChrisNolann wrote:From early reactions Harry Styles made a good performance.
I don't think his character warranted a Heath Ledger performance anyway. I think no one in the ensemble cast had that kind of role.

ChrisNolann wrote:From early reactions Harry Styles made a good performance.
To be fair, he wasn't comparing Harry Styles to Heath Ledger. He was comparing his experience of casting Heath to his experience of casting Harry. His instinct, not the actors themselves.

Law wrote:Anything to say Allstar?
LMAO

a taste of his own medicine

lmao!

Still think the situations are not comparable. Hence they should not have been similar. The negative Heath reactions were due to widespread homophobia at the time coming off brokeback.

Allstar wrote:lmao!

Still think the situations are not comparable. Hence the should not have been similar. The negative Heath reactions were due to widespread homophobia at the time coming off brokeback.
The idea of a quiet gay cowboy playing The Joker is bold any day of the week. Not really homophobic. That was part of it, though.

-Vader

Yeah but Heath was more than just Brokeback at the time of his casting. He showed incredible range and versatility as an actor. Styles has been in nothing and was just a boy band member. The negative reactions were for massively different reasons. If anything negative McC reactions to Interstellar was more similar to Heath.

I think the lesson of all this is, is to not doubt Nolan which I can honestly say I never really have.

Allstar wrote: I think the lesson of all this is, is to not doubt Nolan which I can honestly say I never really have.
Allstar wrote:Nolan has lost his mind.

I was trolling/joking with that. Pretty sure I made my serious thoughts clear on this shortly after that.