Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
So here's a fun question to pass the time.

Given the number of fans that Mr. Styles has, I think it's safe to say that one of them has parents who know the right people, and will be able to get in an early screening.

And spoilers will leak. Maybe in June, but probably in early July at the latest.

So if it leaks that Mr. Styles dies early into the movie, do you think that Mr. Styles' fans will "riot" and not see the movie?

(Oh, and you can't say "but he was at all the major filming locations, so we know he can't die that early on". Let's pretend for the sake of argument that that was an elaborate ruse to mislead set-photo-takers.)

And on the opposite end, if it leaks that his role is bigger than expected?

okungnyo wrote: So if it leaks that Mr. Styles dies early into the movie, do you think that Mr. Styles' fans will "riot" and not see the movie?
I wouldn't put it past them. Especially the fans from Tumblr.

Hope they release the tickets in advance enough, that even if some details got leaked about HS, the movie still makes enough money to be nolans largest opening . :lol: :gonf:

I'd say about 65/70% of Harry's fanbase is over 18, so... no? What would a 'riot' entitle anyway? I'm confused lmao. You need to understand that most of what you see on tumblr, twitter, etc is hyperbolic. Flippant statements. It's how teenagers (and sometimes not even teenagers) talk.

Last year I tweeted a clip of Jennifer Lopez texting Leonardo DiCaprio while filming Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. Leo replied calling her 'boo' so I tweeted that 'it'd made my month'. I got a reply from a random person saying something like 'millennials pfft. Look at what things are more important to them'. And I just... isn't it obvious that I was being flippant?

Harry's fanbase isn't *actually* insane. It's so large that there are a few nasty entitled people that stalk him, but that doesn't mean that they're going to set a cinema on fire if Harry dies within 20 minutes of the film. At most they'll leave before the film is over because they're not that interested in it, but I don't think anyone would make a fuss at the cinema. They'd just complain online (and most would go watch the film even if it had just one scene of Harry's face anyway).

You people are acting as if Nolan himself has the most mature fanbase

Nik82 wrote:
Shady1 wrote:I just saw the video of that music video shoot with him literally dangling in thin air over open water attached only to a helicopter - without a net - and I'm seriously starting to question this kids sanity.
What a nutjob. Is he a known adrenaline junkie? someone said he got in trouble for sky-diving without okaying it with his label a couple years ago. he's a lunatic, no wonder he didn't mind doing his own stunts for Dunkirk
You have now called him a moron, a nutjob and a lunatic. If you despise him so much, why don't you stay out of his thread? :roll:
I don't despise him at all. On the contrary, I think he's interesting. Doesn't mean he's not a nutjob and a lunatic. And I think I said he seemed like a moron, but im starting to believe he might be a genius. Never seen anyone have so much hype about what he's doing even though nobody even knows what he's doing.

Hemant Balot wrote:Hope they release the tickets in advance enough, that even if some details got leaked about HS, the movie still makes enough money to be nolans largest opening . :lol: :gonf:
Hmm.. don't expect Dunkirk to open anywhere near $160M, which is Nolan's biggest opening number. Anything from $40M up would be considered a success for this type of movie.

Oku
dunkirktrash wrote:I'd say about 65/70% of Harry's fanbase is over 18, so... no? What would a 'riot' entitle anyway? I'm confused lmao. You need to understand that most of what you see on tumblr, twitter, etc is hyperbolic. Flippant statements. It's how teenagers (and sometimes not even teenagers) talk.

Last year I tweeted a clip of Jennifer Lopez texting Leonardo DiCaprio while filming Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. Leo replied calling her 'boo' so I tweeted that 'it'd made my month'. I got a reply from a random person saying something like 'millennials pfft. Look at what things are more important to them'. And I just... isn't it obvious that I was being flippant?

Harry's fanbase isn't *actually* insane. It's so large that there are a few nasty entitled people that stalk him, but that doesn't mean that they're going to set a cinema on fire if Harry dies within 20 minutes of the film. At most they'll leave before the film is over because they're not that interested in it, but I don't think anyone would make a fuss at the cinema. They'd just complain online (and most would go watch the film even if it had just one scene of Harry's face anyway).
By "riot", I meant like, tweeting bad things about the movie ("Don't watch this, it's a waste of time. My favorite character died in the first thirty minutes!"), mass-rating it low on IMDb, etc.
Ruth wrote:You people are acting as if Nolan himself has the most mature fanbase
Why do you think that Mr. Nolan's fanbase is not mature?

Innovator wrote:
Hemant Balot wrote:Hope they release the tickets in advance enough, that even if some details got leaked about HS, the movie still makes enough money to be nolans largest opening . :lol: :gonf:
Hmm.. don't expect Dunkirk to open anywhere near $160M, which is Nolan's biggest opening number. Anything from $40M up would be considered a success for this type of movie.
Hm. Still hoping for inception like numbers. That would be cool.

Ruth wrote:You people are acting as if Nolan himself has the most mature fanbase
Nothing new but all the fanbases of anything/anyone have certain section of people who are silly.
Nolan also has it. But Nolan is intelligent, so his fanbase has also some kind of intelligence too.
So immature fans are mostly intelligent immature people. :P