Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
A few more good pics

Styles looks like a young Nolan. Styles looks like a young Leo. Leo looked like a younger Nolan in Inception. COINCIDENCE???528491???

prince0gotham wrote:Styles looks like a young Nolan. Styles looks like a young Leo. Leo looked like a younger Nolan in Inception. COINCIDENCE???528491???
Not seeing any resemblance to a young Nolan, but I do think Styles looks like a young DiCaprio.

What does Nolan think of Leo? Has he ever commented on him at all?

Well, yeah haha... Leo played the lead in Nolan's Inception lol

Shady1 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:Styles looks like a young Nolan. Styles looks like a young Leo. Leo looked like a younger Nolan in Inception. COINCIDENCE???528491???
Not seeing any resemblance to a young Nolan, but I do think Styles looks like a young DiCaprio.
Meant it in a basic way, bright eyes, hair color, hawkish features. I also think Nolan puts/writes himself into characters so it's not entirely out of the question. Also Cobb's children in Inception are why I think Nolan would identify deeply with the character, considering Interstellar, so I'm saying maybe Leo's looks were a nice bonus to his talents as an actor. I'm not saying they're the reason he was cast but if I directed the movie I've been wanting to direct for more than a decade I'd probably be happy that there are similarities, no matter how superficial.

Found on twitter. Not the one I was looking for, but works.

Ahhh - found it. Photoshop edit: Harry in 2014 and Leo more years ago.
Last edited by dormouse7 on August 31st, 2016, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

prince0gotham wrote:
Shady1 wrote:
Meant it in a basic way, bright eyes, hair color, hawkish features. I also think Nolan puts/writes himself into characters so it's not entirely out of the question. Also Cobb's children in Inception are why I think Nolan would identify deeply with the character, considering Interstellar, so I'm saying maybe Leo's looks were a nice bonus to his talents as an actor. I'm not saying they're the reason he was cast but if I directed the movie I've been wanting to direct for more than a decade I'd probably be happy that there are similarities, no matter how superficial.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's not unlikely, since I imagine most directors/writers/actors, etc, take inspiration from their own personal lives and experiences and that would undoubtedly influence their decision making in casting, writing or whatever. Makes sense to me. 8-)

Is there any extras here who've worked with Harry or on the same ship as him? Thx

Re: Harry looking a bit like a young Leo: I think it's the bone structure. Strong jaw line without being too broad or angular and then cheekbones - he has growns into these features in the last couple of years quite a lot. (Harry's bandmate Louis too has been likened to a young Leo and I guess that's the same thing there - it's this good bone structure that is pretty in an almost feminine way; Leo had that feature too (in my opinion Leo's face has changed a bit since his tweens however))